Good afternoon OCers, post the dreadful start with Maya we picked up and carried on ... no other choice having outlayed too much $$$ to lose. For the record the Phoenix KTM community are real good buggas and worthy... you guys ROCK!!. With special thanks to Spencer who set up our carburation and airbox and assisted with determining what belly aches Maya had as well as being the man on the spot with super moto rear shock to bring this tall lady on stilettos down to my height and generally just help us prep her for continuing our RTW trip. So this is the build part, some useful info for lowering the bikes and especially if some one is wanting to run hard luggage .. specifically Jesses for a RTW trip or just a bit more lockable than softies. Maya came with Wolfman racks and Expedition bags, we bought from Zen Motorcycle a Large duffle bag, a pair of tank panniers and a tank bag with the view to running fully soft luggage for weight reasons. Enter into the equation some engineering with regard to C of G and this changes things quickly, we were going to have a 45/47 L Wolfman duffle bag on the back so we needed to do sub frame work as most of you are well aware of the shortfalls on the SE subframe. Although the Jesses do weigh more what they do allow is to carry a lot more of your gear low AND in with the odyssey boxes, we could have gotten away with softies all round capacity wise but that meant compromising a lot as far as food and camping for a start and hiking gear next up so that was going to remove a large chunk of what our trip is about as well as increasing our cost for accommodation down the track so now you know our reasoning behind the luggage. With all these compromises added up, put into place etc we decided to go with Jesses as Al said he could do it with a better separate subframe .... he was right. Al set too and built the custom subframe with engineering simplicity while thinking outside the box ... he is an honorary Kiwi. These are the RHS and LHS brackets, in essence it clamps to the steel KTM main frame, utilizes the base KTM subframe bolt with a taper collar and connects back to the KTM alloy frame passenger footpeg mountings creating a beautifully engineered triangle. Doing this has two huge advantages, firstly the weight is transferred to the main steel frame and secondly the existing KTM SE alloy subframe has 6 inches less flex from its new triangle buddy thus making the work the SE subframe above less so for two up this worked out great. All high mountings are taken north of where the triangle is located at the top of the SE subframe where the exhaust mounts. The top case has a load spreader which also brings the weight forward and down to the base mounts. To the rear of the top case we have a light weight set of wings again which transfer the load through the two side racks to the new base frame. See Ellen and I standing in the cases with ONLY the two front mounts attached. At the rear there is a std drawbar to stop the swing of things, std stuff there really. You will be pleased to know that we have worked out the lighter components of our gear which lives in the top case thus we are keeping our heavier weighing items low and in, this to be honest works out a lot better than running the 45/47 L duffle as the 45 L Jesse pizza box weighs in at (very) little more than the Wolfman duffle. So combined with the Jesse panniers and two 10 L Wolfman tank panniers sitting on each Jesse pannier that is it other than our lunch bag and hiking bag back up on top which again weight very little, we are now doing more strategic planning with food and not carrying as much on board. View from the top For some other bits and pieces, we shifted the voltage regulator to avoid cooking monster getting it, we used the existing plate and wiring. I fabricated extra support mounts to support the BDCW bashplate as we have seen first hand some radiator mounts that have suffered, we probably wont be torturing the bike that hard but one big rock could change things and we have a long way to go. Still have to do some hose clamp crimp work to tidy this side up, we have our motion pro tap which we use to get fuel out of the tank for our cooker ... no extra bottle needed with 40 L or 10 Gallons on board. The rest was just ergoes and redoing stuff, the previous owner set the throttle cables upsidedown so they were tight and more importantly the drainhole was then at the top allowing shit to get in there, first thing was to clean out the tide of mud in there. We reset the bar position, I also tuned the Flexx bars to work as the previous owner had the swivels done up tight which was useless against their function, I also added a longer bolt incorporating another bush which may help in the corrugations or washboard. No orange bushes tho Although the mirrors were cool they would be useless for on the road so we changed them out. We added the Super Moto windscreen. The custom Crispy Designs graphics were removed from the tank panels as they were peeling up and coming off all by themselves, we only had to do the last bit, we are now covering the tank panels in stickers from different places. The rest of the bike is now sorted we believe, there still sounds like a small piston slap/nunga but hopefully it is more my ears and some distrust rather than a failure waiting to happen ... time will tell. This is our new RTW playstation . Cheers fella, enjoy your riding time!!