Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Australia' started by Crutchy, Dec 22, 2011.
Who is in Tom & I are : )
I'm a possibility...
a glutton for punishment eh?
yep, about time a Guzzi showed up!
ive got a ich that needs to be scratched!!!!
This year's crash was really scary and I am pissed I was forced to DNF.
However I try to make a point of finishing everything I start.
Pretty scary to watch as well Rossco.
I am a maybe for 2012. Liked the ride out but the trip back was a bit tedious.
Wanna have a face-off? Who had the most tedious trip back?
Good to meet you out there Tom.
I believe your trip back started with a tow. Are we allowed to ask what happened or will we find out by other means? I hope you haven't just got back.
The short story:
* Towed 100km back to Bourke (thanks to Mick Crutch)
* Overnight in Bourke
* No trains, buses or hire cars out of Bourke
* Jumped a truck to Penrith (eight hours of Slim Dusty and roll-your-own durries in the cabin)
* Jumped a train at Penrith at around 11.00pm
* XPT sold out, so trained to the airport
* Arrived at the airport in time to find T2 and T3 closed
* Arrived in time to have the railway station closed behind me. Was trapped in the concrete access tunnel at just after midnight
* Bunked down on the concrete to try and get some sleep
* Chucked out by a huge Maori security guard with KTM 690s on his charm bracelet
* Bunked down on a bench in a bus shelter in the rain outside T2 waiting for the airport to open
* Roused awake with a gentle prod of a truncheon by the Federal Police and told to move on at around 2.00am
* Into the terminal at 4.30am to find the first available flight was at 2.30pm.
The whole time in the riding gear and boots I was wearing when I left Sawtell Headland. I had a single spare of jocks, a T-shirt and a toothbrush. The tools and Mojave bag were soaked in fuel, so I jammed it all in a chicken-feed bag, tied the top off with a strand of venetian-blind chord I found, and checked it through hoping no-one would notice the toxic fumes seeping from the top. The airlines took it, thank Dog.
Home on Friday.
Bike's still out there.
when the bike dies
one adventure ends and another one begins
Now thats an adventure . i want to ride with with you 1 day tom . lots of random shit happens when your on a ride
Bloody hell what a trip.
What's the prognosis on the bike?
Unknown. Bike is still in a shed in Bourke...I hope.
Hmmm thinking about it, may try from Sawtell next year with some roo whistles mounted to my bike.......
Here is a short video of this years Longest day ride 2011.
Click on the link below.
No you dont ! he he
Yeah well , pretty dissapointed at my pathetic effort last year, chose to get lost instead of stopping for 5 mins and read the map cost my big time. This year I'm not going to team up with anyone, its something you have to do alone others can hold you up if they are not comfortable travelling at your speed.
If my boss gives me off 3 Christmas's off in a row I'll be there.
OK so I have questions I'm sure others would also like to know.
Date ? yep I know the longest day and all but dates a help.
Start time ? and finish time? (I ask because the vid from Fogo shows a start thats already well lit up)
Prefered start location's ? Is ther places along the coast other than Coffs area. What about a Vic or SA start point?
What do those from QLD do for a start place.
The first three questions will do for now so those of us new to the "longest day" can have a place to plan from.