Some interest was shown in some of the changes I made to my DR so I am posting some of my mods so that others may get ideas from what I have done. I enjoy my bikes the most when I go on multi day camping trips through the mountains and if I can get to a remote fishing spot it's even better. I set the DR up for these type trips and the two main goals were cheap and durable. I started with a low miles 97 DR that was "colorful" to say the least. Even though I'm not too concerned with looks,I couldn't deal with the frame color so I put it in the shop one day and "de-purpled" it. I tried to use materials that I had on hand when I could make it work. Maybe not always the best for the job,but it kept costs down a lot. Most everything was done low budget except for the suspension.Rick at Cogent did a complete shock rebuild and I installed fork springs and emulators from him as well,money well spent. I'll post the various mods I did as I find the pics. It looked like this the day I bought it It looks like this now The freaky looking graphics on the IMS tank are an ongoing experiment. The white plastic tank stained quickly from the red mud we have so I started playing with ways to keep decals on. I wanted a crisp round hole punched in the decal,much like a wadcutter pistol bullet punches in a target. The best process I have found so far is to put a piece of 1mm stainless tubing in a sewing machine. It punches nice round,evenly spaced holes in the material and allows the gas fumes to escape,greatly reducing the bubbles that plague the decals on plastic tanks. I tried many of the free decals that come with products and most hold up well. The Eibach decal has been on the tank for about a year and has done well. The black spots on the tank now are 3M reflective tape. So far they hold up well and have had minimal bubbles but have only been on about 8 months.