Parts are in! I didn't get much done on the bike through the holidays, but I did manage to get my parts ordered...that is, those that weren't given to me as presents for Christmas. I now have the new Gilardoni jug/piston kits, a new clutch, new spline, new MAC slashback mufflers, new valve guides, and a shiny new generator cover since the bike didn't have one on it at purchase. All I have to do now is put it all back together. That sounds easy, right? Actually, I need the head shop to do their work, THEN I can put it back together. I installed the new pistons on the con rods, then both sides went back on to the crankshaft for balancing. Even though it's essentially just a dry run assembly, I got everything installed properly on the crank journal (at least as I understand it). Oil passage up for the left rod and down for the right, both pistons installed with arrows pointing forward. Right side installed to the front, left is aft. Proper torque...best practices, I remind myself, best practices... I dropped off the guides and shaft at the machine shop today. I made sure to go over the installation method with them, and he was quick to assure me that they always do the hot head/cold guide installation. I went with standard size quides and new clips, the rest is in their hands. I think it'll be fine...mostly I'm just excited to get everything back and start the rebuild. All my sheet metal is still at paint. It was supposed to be done the first week in December, I guess it's a good thing that I'm in no immediate need of it.:huh It's funny, I've yet to have any of these oldboy shops meet their own timelines. Chrome was weeks late, powdercoat was a month late, and paint is going to be 2 months late by the time I actually see it. I doesn't really bother me, I know how those guys are, but it still makes me smile and shake my head. Five years running my business and I haven't missed one deadline. We're spawned from different schools of thought it seems. Anyway, that's my update for now. Hopefully my parts are back from machining in the next couple weeks and then I can get to reassembly. Oddly enough, I'm expecting the reassembly process to go much quicker than the dis-assembly...much less cataloging, photo taking, and staring in abject confusion I suspect.