I've had the TLR200 since about 2002 when I did a rebuild of it, I kept it stock apart from some 20mm longer rear shocks I made up. I struggled with it a bit, but also really enjoy it, seeing it's faults as a challenge. Twinshock Trials was popular here back then, the rest of the world not so - the US forums kept telling me the TLR200 was just a trail bike, not suitable for trials...that's because they got the toned down model they call the Reflex. Twinshock Trials has fallen away somewhat here, and they now do Aircooled to get numbers up, but is big overseas now - the Yanks turning their Reflex's into real TLR200's, and the Pom's turning them into bikes that are better than the Euro twinshocks. So, first thing is the footpegs (actually they were the last thing I did.) My previous bike was a KT250, and it felt like the footpegs were below the centre of gravity, or pivot point anyway, on the TLR200 the pegs are high, they feel above the pivot point. Very responsive to any input on the pegs, and I was spearing off in all directions for a while, but I've grown to like the high pegs....like riding a racehorse, or a sportsbike compared to a cruiser. They need to go down and back 25mm, more weight to the rear, and lighten the front. I made complete new mounts, and much heavier duty than stock....just because I couldn't be bothered pulling a full length out of the rack just to slice off a couple of small pieces, so found some thicker stuff in the scrap outside. Stuck on the frame, I was going to put some braces up the inside seeing as they are only butt welds, but I reckon they will be strong enough. They are more on the axle centreline. Next I'll make fatter pegs. The biggest issue for was the engine, it's gutless, and a 4 stroke. I can't fix the 4 stroke, but more power is possible. First the intake, I need another carb, but we can still do things. Open up the airbox, just get rid of the restrictor for a start. It does act as a water dam, so I might have to make another dam if it swallows water. The airbox isn't the problem, the flame trap is, it just can't suck air through this. So I need a new filter. As some know, I don't sell anything on TradeMe, it all stays in my shed. Twenty years ago I was running non stock carbs on my XS1 and using K&N filters - I don't have the XS1 anymore, but the filters are still here. I had to trim the intake spigot, and made a new one out of an oil bottle cap. It fits perfectly in the stock box with the original hold in thing. Now the exhaust, the plan was always to make a new one - a larger header pipe and better muffler, but one day.... All the shit had to go.... I also pulled this disgusting thing out of the tailpipe. All stitched up no one will even know. It's still pretty restrictive, once I get the bits I'll make something better. Next is the cam timing. They say it needs to be advanced 6 degrees....I would think that was 12 crankshaft degrees, but everyone seems to be advancing the camshaft 6 degrees, that's only 3 on the crank. That's half a tooth, so I've redrilled for half a tooth, I might go to one tooth later one. So, all finished today, so I took it up to my daughter's place, they have 2.5 acres and a messy building site, dirt mounds everywhere, a swamp and steep sheep rutted hillside. I prefer to do only one thing at a time, this is just too much at once to know what is what. It's much easier to loft the wheel, all by itself now, even in 2nd gear. It's geared too tall stock, at 13 teeth, I had to import the smallest I could get at the time, an 11 tooth when I wanted a 9, and then went up to 50 at the rear. now I can get a 9, so will go for that. It will now pull up the sheep stepped hill in 2nd, no way would it do that before, and even when I did push it to a stall, doing that bit again in 1st I still didn't get up. All looking good until I dumped it upside down, and then got a bad knock in the engine. Got it home, pulled the cam sprocket cover....but nothing wrong and no noise now. Next sunday is an aircooled trial....I'll give it a go on my new bike.