Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)' started by DeeGee, Apr 12, 2010.
Sounds like you may have a regulator problem......have you looked at the charging circuit at all?
Yep, I feel better after our talk yesterday. I will get a voltmeter installed, but you're right I don't think it would have helped in this case.
Yikes, that does not sound good. But mine is looking very similar so far. Maybe I'll put check things out with a multimeter while installing the voltmeter just to make sure.
I only get about 2 years max out of a battery in my 2007 990.
Arizona summertime heat cooks everything.
...oh, and I haven't done anything to my 990 for weeks except walk past it in the garage.
I worked on my bike last summer with new filter kit for tank and fuel pump http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23237008#post23237008 ,I advice this kit for your KTM 990 (and tank kit also for 950).
It works great in my opinion.
Fitted the new tubeless 17/19 Alpina's with TA2's. Fairly straightforward. I'm loving the look, all I need now is an MOT and some road tax.
Shitty phone pic for now
it repais me back off all the sleepless nights haahahh
Today I replaced my tomtom rider with my iphone 5 on my Adventure 1190 R.
The phone has a lifeproof nuud case. That case is waterproof without screenprotector which gives a great picture. And I'm also using the lifeproof bike mount to mount it on the KTM nav mount (which I had to modify a bit).
For charging I'm using a 12v cable from the on board outlet. I also some adhesives to put on my gloves so I can use they screen with gloves on. LEt's wait and see how that works. I've seen some Rukka now has some gloves that have that as standard.
Went for a quick 140k loop on slab only. Gotta make the slab more interesting somehow. I want summer now, we have too much snow and ice which makes finding off tarmac stuff that is doable tough to find. My bike is leaking oil. Gotta find it. Damn. http://vimeo.com/84428167
Wow, I'd say you're off to a good start making it interesting....familiar looking landscape there. I spent 3 years at the UofC and remember the loooooong winters. Oh, I too have found a leak - thinking it might be from the gear selector o-ring leaking.....i'm hoping so anyway....
Yeah, I'm hoping it something simple too. Only 17500 on it and it's a 2011 so......
I wrapped my windscreen in white..............
Pulled the upper triple, drilled the security bolts, then discovered the new upper triple for the damper was wrong. Argh.
Buttoned it all back up.
Got it all working again after breaking some corroded wires by the starter solenoid, only took from 9:30am through to around 2:30pm to find and fix the problem, just the amount of time I was going to spend riding.
Haven't had a chance to see where it is coming from.
Gear position sensor o ring?
Work in progress
non è facile scrivere mentre mi allaccio il casco...
The canisterectomy creates space in the left side fairing. I use the space vacated by the charcoal canister to hold a front tube and tire repair kit.
Unfortunately, there is a screw well and tower right in the middle of the opening:
I cut the well on the inside cover and tower on the inside of the fairing, as well as the two ribs that hold the canister in place.
This is what the opening looks like without the well and tower:
the bag with the tube and repair kit like this under the inside cover:
To get it in place, just slide it in through the opening:
The tube tucks into place nice and tight:
Used the KTM tool bag for the rear tube:
This one fits nicely in the space inside the right fairing:
That would be my guess. ..I couldnt source a metric o-ring on the day so used the next thickness up, from NAPA, and backed it up by applying Permatex gasket maker to the flat face...no leaks yet....
Not my idea so I can't take the credit. Sorry, don't remember who it was who posted this first.
Wrapped the glove box in some 3M carbon fiber decal. http://www.amazon.com/Black-3M-DI-NOC-Carbon-CA-421/dp/B0062A7M2G
I think it turned out awesome. One sheet 24" x 12" was literally just enough material to get the job done. I ended up applying it dry and used a heat gun to form it where necessary.
After (sorry not so great cell phone pic)
@armourbl - Yup, looks great!