Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)' started by scibeer, May 18, 2009.
This looks like it?
Now that I have been able to sneak in some miles this warm February w/ the new tire/wheel set up, here some some quick thoughts:
* The bike feels more sporty. Paved road corning has greatly improved and the big bike feels like it wants to tip in to every corner. I like that.
* The stock kick stand is too long now and I need *think* about bike placement before leaving it on the side stand. I may look for a shorter after market stand for when I'm using the 19/17 set up.
* Also, the center stand is long now which makes for a little more effort required to get the 990 up. But, I do like the add'l wheel clearance while the bike is on the center stand.
* Given the fact the bike appears to be lower to the ground now w/ the shorter wheels (as evidence by the the effects on the side and center stands), the bike does not feel lower to ground with my modest 28" inseam.
* Regarding the bike being lower to the ground, I wonder when I get into some awesome twisties, will I have less ground clearance when it comes to dragging the pegs? A few hours on WV's finest will let me know that soon enough.
if you get to touching things,,,you'll be the first one!!!,,,make sure you record it for us all
Yesterday I was out skiing, I'll try to look at it today to see if it is the right procedure. Thanks!
I don't want to polute this thread, so I folow this discusion on a thread I started few months ago about wheel size setting on the 990R.
anybody wants to sell this 19/17 setup? I am starting new job with long commute miles.
My set is for sale.
I sold my Adventure and still have the 19/17 wheels with newish Tourances on them + a spare set of brand new Trail Attacks.
Here's the post:
Get off here and send me my wheels already.
Did you guys have to change side stand? I got the magic wheels and going to put them on as soon as my stock size tires wear out.
Bike is 06 standard height, not tall suspension. I just wander if side stand would be too long.
In general, yes the sidestand will probably be a little too long. Many things though, such as suspension free sag, can affect this.
I have run 17/17" wheels with a stock side stand on my past adventures. You just have to find a slightly off-camber place to park each time!
What he said. I hope you enjoy the wheels.
I have a KTM 950 ADV 2005.
I have been looking at some posts here for the 19/17 set up with Caponord wheels.
I happen to have a set.
Can some one help me and tell me what do I need to put them on.
Will they fit as is ?
Would I need to lace them on my stock hubs ?
I read a few posts but got really confused...
Use your stock KTM hubs. I bought rims and had Woody's do the Superlace on them with their huge stainless spokes. Reasonable price. Hth
PS,,we have all the components and gauranteed skill sets to do this for you,,,we can also re-anodize your rims and hubs to whatever color you want.
call Zach at shop #below for $$$ quotes and time frame,,,,he has all that stuff in his head
I've got a set of these for sale if anyone's interested: