Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.
He has a lot of problems....you may want to be more specific
I always liked to explode them with the Priest.
That HEAT nerf will be welcome for me. It's just dumb. Also, after playing lots of TDs and arty, it's nice to get mucho XP per round for big damage. I hope my M41 isn't so nerfed I can't load up big XP games with damage.
From playing a few arty on the test server, one of the things I have noticed is that if you can zone in on a location and they are dumb enough to still be there when you have aimed in you can roast them, if they move then good luck following or leading them properly without your aim circle going bonkers... atleast that is my observation without playing much on that server, and may be subject to change when I can play them more after the patch drops.
I can't believe haw early taper off here. 1:30 and everything is shut down.
Good meeting you Dave, hope I didn't leave too bad of an impression. Boomer pretty much nailed it though.
Bummer about the biker. Hearing that really saddens me.
WoWP loaded into the laptop, but I haven't tried it yet. I need to get a joystick first.
Sam, only bike that ever fit me comfortably was a KLR. I just try to make anything else work.
Man there is no doubt you guys are closer to being pro-partiers than I am, but i hope you forgive my lack of drinking harder... having worked both jobs that day, then being stuck there 2 hours after closing with a crazy woman I didn't even get to tell you about (but meant to) just drained me a bit. Not sure how many beers I drank before riding home, but yeah...
Actually, I had some crazed testosterone/alcohol-fueled idiots in a car behind me trying to run me down (right on my ass) from Atlantic and on to I-95 there. While homicidal, this is actually far more common behavior for down here than many from other areas would believe, and it's why i really don't enjoy riding at any time after most people have been drinking in south Florida. So coming up to that scene, with a killer-car I had by that time gained some distance away from, but who was passing the lines of cars funneling in to the accient scene, probably saved my ass from the same fate as that rider. I popped in to the traffic flow before it cut down to one lane, and the crazed driver couldn't follow. (Look, I don't kow how crazed they are, the truth is that most here in south Florida don't think much past their own face, so the repercussions of killing a biker isn't even on their radar when they're fucking with a guy on a bike).
I'd lay money on that dead biker being taken out by a car, even if he had been drinking. I-95 is a death highway if I've ever seen one, and I used to travel that highway for 400 miles a week. Never seen anything like the carnage on it, per mile, and am surprised it never makes the news for being so dangerous.
Edit: nope, I was wrong ( I guess) - this is what I saw:
DELRAY BEACH, Fl. - A Pompano Beach man died early this morning while riding his motorcycle on I-95.
The Florida Highway Patrol says that Kleber Peres was traveling southbound in the inside lane near Linton Blvd.
The FHP says that Peres attempted to change lanes in front of another vehicle traveling southbound in the left center lane.
Peres according to investigators lost control of his bike, was ejected and hit the other vehicle.
Peres was pronounced dead on the scene.
Viviane Alves who was riding with Peres suffered minor injuries and was taken to Delray Medical Center.
The driver of the car, Tsai Chen, was not injured according to FHP
Just another drunk biker headed back to Pompano Beach like me
<header class="entry-header"> 22.6.2013
Posted on <time class="entry-date updated" datetime="2013-06-22T16:21:37+00:00" pubdate="">June 22, 2013</time> by Silentstalker 34 Comments ↓
</header> - Storm himself int happy with the 0.8.6 sounds. Some sounds will be reworked or moved back to the 0.8.5 version in 0.8.7 (namely the tank being hit and explosion sounds).
- the T-44 will have the sound of shifting gears and various engine RPM sound on various speed implemented, based on real life T-44 sounds
- apparently, the Russian weekend event with double XP/income for top players is VERY popular
- Wargamings statistical data on how many people played/play arty wont be disclosed
- Type 59 wont be rebalanced (like the Superpershing)
- the fact whether arty gains enough XP per battle in 0.8.6 will be known after 2 weeks or so (when first statistic results come in)
- Storm states that it is not true that the 0.8.6 brought reduced performance (FPS) for a lot of people. In fact, he says its the other way around, 0.8.6 increased FPS for a lot of people (SS: including me), if you have lower FPS in 0.8.6, Storm suggests to write a support ticket and ask there. Otherwise the complaints on FPS drops are normal after each patch.
- upcoming patches will bring new game features and optimalisations
- Pz38H (Micromaus) had its MM weight reduced
- general light tank rebalance is not planned
- its possible destructible sand hills (SS: not sure what exactly is meant here, but I dont think its the terrain dunes, more like small sand terrain features) will be introduced, but not soon
- dynamic amount of complaints per day (SS: the more you play, the more times you can report someone in game) will not be introduced for now
Love the 28P almost as much as I like the 28.
Properly placed, a 28P can be devastating.
Well I Rage-Sold the GC last night. I just couldn't take running that POS any longer, it was sucking my soul. It seems faster and is in fact more enjoyable just running up the Brit TD tree. Running a turret-less TD in pub matches is just more than I can stand when that TD is also a slow, thin-skinned, flat-faced, TP tracked shit-box.
What is a GC?
Churchill Gun Carrier?
Yup, the Churchill. Sorry Dave. If anyone is a glutton for punishment I would recommend you give it a whirl.
That thing looks like it has a hell of a gun on it, for it's tier, is the rest of the tank as much garbage as it seems to be? I think I remember that it did not have much gun traverse at all.
Something like 5 degrees, pretty ridiculous. Gun isn't bad, pens good but reload is long and it seems to miss a lot more than it should. It's just such a pathetic package that it wore me down. Tracks fall off if the driver farts leaving you exposed to any tier III looking for an easy kill. I looked for anything in the update pertaining to a GC buff but didn't see it. That was the nail in it's coffin.
You and me, we should create a support group for recovering GC drivers.
So this happened.
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6r76x6LSkV4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
I bet they were pissed!
<header class="entry-header"> 23.6.2013
Posted on <time class="entry-date updated" datetime="2013-06-23T15:48:20+00:00" pubdate="">June 23, 2013</time> by Silentstalker 34 Comments ↓
</header> First: an invite code for US players (sorry, US server only): http://www.lfgcomic.com/worldoftanks/ (thanks to Mister_Red for this one)
Some interesting links:
Listys article on WW1 tank combat: http://overlord-wot.blogspot.cz/2013/06/from-mud.html
Listys article on one of the armored trains:
Now, back to regular Q&A :)
- damage your shells inflict does not depend on range of the shot (SS: damage doesnt drop with range, unlike penetration)
- there are no plans for a TD nerf for now if it is needed, there will be one
- Q: Are you happy with 0.8.6? A: Well see in a week or two. Payments go up well be happy, payments go down we wont.
- related to previous question Q: So, the project will live while the payments keep on coming? (with hope and a bit of irony) A: Why irony? Thats how life works.
- the SAU40, ARLv39, AMX AC48 miniturrets are armed with a variety of weapons, from Hotchkiss MGs to 20mm autocannons
- when 112 comes out, it does mean that there will be two T8 Chinese heavy tanks on Chinese server (112 and WZ-111): They need it.
- SerB thinks that when Westwood made their Soviet double-barelled tanks for Red Alert, they most likely didnt know about the ST-II tank (SS: twin-barelled 122mm ST-I)
- SerB doesnt ride bike (but many other WG employees in Minsk do), he uses mostly train to travel between Moscow, Minsk and Kiev
- apparently the difference of British arties from other arties is that the British arty crews get served tea with pudding
- this applies to RU server only I believe: SerB doesnt recommend making forum accounts with SerB as a nickname and with SerBs avatar (or something similiar), because you could be banned for impersonating a developer (SS: and because impersonating WG staff can be uncovered quite easily, right, Kewei? :) )
- SerB doesnt think arty was overnerfed
- if you dont like the dynamic camera, SerB suggests you disable it
- tier 8 premium with autoloader? When there is one, I will tell
PS: just a reminder guys, if you want to help FTR out, disable your AdBlock :) Thank you.
<header class="entry-header"> Competition rigging Aftermath
Posted on <time class="entry-date updated" datetime="2013-06-23T22:09:30+00:00" pubdate="">June 23, 2013</time> by Silentstalker 81 Comments ↓
</header> This article is the continuation of the first part.
Summary: Player KingAlphyn from US server was caught rigging a contest. After a shitstorm of moderate magnitude on US forums, he logged on and confessed he did it not only that, he confessed to do it successfuly in the past. See for yourself:
With that being out of the table, I am sure he will face some sort of punishment by Wargaming. In the aftermath of this confession, questions were raised about other clans doing the same thing by other US forumgoers. Looks like US server gets its competition scandal after all. But that is really not the problem.
The problem is: how can we trust any Wargaming competition after this? I am not referring to some Wargaming-organized rigs, no. Simple negligence to check whether the results were in order by demanding to see replays from the winners.
Since the mechanism of the competition is the same on US and EU server, we might also assume some of the results in the EU competitions were also rigged this way. Its logical after all unless you are stupid and submit an obviously rigged result (like 15 kills in a tier 10 vehicle or something), there is no way they can catch you, unless they specifically check the replays. This automatic XP reward system BEGS to be exploited and its only natural some players take advantage of it. This is not in any way excusing the culprits of course cheaters should be punished! But it is the nature of some people to try to exploit the system, this is inevitable.
This fail doesnt only fall on the head of the cheaters, but on Wargaming. Sure, you might say hey, but they are so nice, they give us the chance to win something and you are being ungrateful! No. What they are giving us is the illusion of a winning chance and thats lame. If I was to take this argument to absurd conclusions, they might as well distribute the prizes to random big clans, the result would probably be similar.
What can be done about this?
First and the most obvious one would be to return to the old system, where replays had to be submitted. That would obviously eliminate most of such attempts, because even if they werent ALL thoroughly checked: would you really take that chance?
Second cancel this type of competitions altogether. Instead, make the prizes lot smaller, but permanent. For example: 50 gold for lets say 1000+ raw XP battle (depending on tier, this would have to be tested). How many of those do average players have? 1-2 per month? This would make checking for cheating easier. Statistically, various winrate categories have various amounts of such battles. If a player consistently gains more gold than hes supposed to for his winrate, it would trigger the alarm and that player would get scrutinized (WG employees can pull out virtually any data from their database). If found cheating, he (and his accomplices!) would be banned (lets say for a week during first offense, two months during second offense and permabanned during third).
Just a thought, anyway.
<header class="entry-header"> Competition rigging on US server
Posted on <time class="entry-date updated" datetime="2013-06-23T12:16:09+00:00" pubdate="">June 23, 2013</time> by Silentstalker 127 Comments ↓
</header> So, remember how I told you a few days back about competition rigging and how to do it?
To recap quickly: basically, if you want to rig a competition, you make as many platoons of you and your friends and possible, log in during low population hours and there is a really good chance that all those platoons will end up in one game, especially on not-so-populated lower tiers (although technically lower tiers are the most populated tiers in the game, they are played thru the day, because only hardcore people play deep in the night and those actually play high tiers only).
Few weeks ago, US server (just like EU and RU servers) hosted an XP competition. You know, the have the most XP on new vehicles and get rewards one. That one the concerned the new Soviet light tanks plus the German tanks.
Long story short, a player named KingAlphyn (clan leader of PUPEH) fixed the competition, using the method described above.
First, he logged into battle with many platoons of his clanmembers:
Then, he and his squad of goons fixed the battle so that he gets to kill everyone:
In the battle, he scored 12 kills:
Here, the results of the battle (notice the XP amount he got):
voila! Instant competition victory (same XP amount, so this battle was used to win):
So, KingAlphyn gets to enjoy the top prize (Type 59 or 5000g, I cant remember). Makes you wonder
since the WG folks dont check even the overall winning replays, what ELSE is rigged? And does it even make sense to participate in such events, when its so easy to do this and if not for the detective work of several players, hed have gotten away with it?
I really hope he gets banned