Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by JustinT, Nov 24, 2008.
Haha thanks for the advice and yes of course i have it : )
You guys must have REALLY bad fuel down there. Never had one go dirty and need changing. I also never had water in my fuel. I know somtimes it's filled that way, but I also try to keep my bike upright in water =)
I guess a day may come where I might change my opinion when I run into an issue. Till then, I rock little filters!
Good Lord, just skimmed through that thread......I aged 10 years just reading it :eek1 That was one frantic build......you never stop moving do you Reminds me of my wife....she doesn't stop thinking/moving till she passes out from exhaustion...I'm trying to slow her down so she'll live a little longer tho
But big congrats on that BMW-XRR adventure beast, and the other projects you have going. Fascinating reading and great ingenuity
It does make me glad I just pick up solid running bikes anymore, do some basic mods, and just ride them. My ZX14 turbo is my last project......from here on out its relaxing and riding, with a little maintainence thrown in
I was wondering what happened to the Beemer...
I didn't read much and just looked at the pictures because of being at work. Might have to revisit it to find out why you changed frames.
I'd like to take an older 1200 and strip it down to the bare bones too sometime. Make it my version of the HP2. Would be fun.
So I'm in a dilema... I can't get my stock carb to act properly, and want to upgrade to an fcr anyway. So I picked up a fcr40 off an 06 rmz450 for 100$.
My question is.... what are you guys using for airbox side boots? The fcr airbox side is much smaller diameter and the fcr is also much shorter. Hopefully these pics help explain things...
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
What about a old goldwing adv bike? Could be cool
Sweeet pic man. Im just about to do this mod. My bike has 3300 miles on it and I was wondering if I should change the seals just for the heck of it while i'm in there...
It's very close fit, I've been running mine for a few years now. I epoxied it on, then had it bored out to 42.5mm, which is usually the largest you can go without getting the billet venturi ring.
I decided to do it right and get new seals. Looking forward to being "insanely happy" with the results. I'm optimistic!
Mur, so far the hardest part is removing the staking on the compression core. Take your time. I forced the nut off too soon and broke off a small piece of the aluminum threads. Won't be a problem but I could see the threads on the core getting really messed up if you rush it. I bought a M8X1.0 tap and die just to make sure the threads were good on the core and the piston rod.
Yeah it looks like im gonna grab some seals as well. Do it right ONCE. lol Thanks for the tip! I could just see myself getting frustrated(I hate staked nuts).
What kind of seals did you get? I was thinking of getting an All Balls kit like this It comes with a bunch of goodies that would be over 100 bucks OEM...
SKF seals/dust caps. This is what a local suspension guy recommended. My bike only has about 1000 miles on it so I'm hoping everything else is good. The other parts appear to be in really good shape so I'm going to reuse them.
I see. Thanks for the info. Let me know how it goes! I was gonna do an up to date write up on the Borynack Mods, but I decided to be lazy lol.
Make sure the threads are good on both the shaft and the nut. I managed to mess the threads on the nut while taking it off without proper filing of the staking on my shock shaft the second time I did it. If you look at the price for that peice of kit you'll get a sick feeling in your stomach.
For less than that part new I bought a whole new set of forks and shock and just used them for parts.
Shaft and nuts are good!
You epoxied it on and then bored it? What did you bore it with? Do you have any pictures?
How much did the aadapter You?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
So I am hoping someone can offer some insight to a Carb issue I keep having on my Dads XRR.
Intermittently it runs gas out of the overflow. It does not do it all the time and never when cold. I have literally pulled the carb apart about 10 times trying to fix this. The carb has been cleaned, float level set to 19mm (and then moved in either direction trying to get it to stop) new float assembly, and new needle and seat. The carb appears to function fine off the bike, but after riding for about 20 min it will be pouring out the over flow.
What is the issue? I dont know what else to check???
He bored with a slide show from his vacation.
SOrry, I couldn't help it.
Everyone I know of takes it to a machine shop to have it done on a mill or lathe.
You try doing at home, but success is not likely unless you live in a machine shop.
Some of the aftermarket gas cap vent hoses have an in-line check valve that can cause a problem.
I thought about that but its the stock gas cap with just a straight hose.....
$65 like it said on the site, I used an epoxy from my bodyshop, but JB Weld will do, don't use to much sand and clean the the panels that touch. Make sure the vent holes don't get plugged and are aligned
Here is something to consider, http://www.tokyomods.com/carburetion/carburetion.html the accessory carb kit is very good. For the money I would just send them your carb plus adapter and let them do it all.
Plus you will have to heat and shape your tank, the stock one was hard to do. The IMS was really easy to make it fit.
I'll get a picture up this weekend of how mine fits.