Spy photos of KTM’s new 790 Adventure continue filter in but this time with a more production ready look. First shown in Milan, Italy at EICMA 2017, the newest spy shots show a pre-production model complete with panniers and top box.
The photos hint at KTM’s desire to make the bike more attractive to all levels or riders with a lower seat height and a lower center of gravity. To that end, the fuel tank has been placed low and towards to the front of the bike. The tank appears quite large and should provide some pretty impressive range.
Power will come from KTM’s LC-8c 799cc parallel twin engine used on the KTM 790 Duke but tuned for more usable power. It will also come with fully adjustable front and rear suspension from WP. Radially mounted 4-piston front calipers with ABS and off-road ABS options complete the package.
Rumors suggest that ergonomics may be adjustable. The lighting is all LED and there may be an extensive package of driver assistance systems, including traction control, tilt sensors and driving modes.
According to KTM PR Manager Luke Brackenbury, “KTM listens to its customers and dealers throughout the world and the demand for a very hardcore, mid-capacity Adventure bike was something that was repeatedly raised. Make no mistake, this new KTM will be the most performance focused middleweight travel enduro on the market with a spec sheet to rival machines of a much bigger displacement. ”
Reported 790 Adventure highlights include:
- Utilizes the KTM LC8c parallel twin engine tuned for a wider spread of torque when compared with the KTM 790 Duke
- Over 400 km fuel tank range
- Low seat height for control in all situations
- Low slung fuel tank for a lower center of gravity
- Fully adjustable WP suspension front and rear
- Radial mount 4-piston front brake calipers with ABS and offroad ABS options
- Spoked wheels in off road sizes for increased tire choice
- Complete LED lighting
- Full suite of electronic ride aid options including lean angle sensitivity and ride mode technology.
- Around 100 HP
- 25 KG weight saving compared to current adventure V-twin models
The production KTM 790 Adventure is scheduled to be revealed at EICMA this fall. From these photos, the bike appears to be ready for production.