Vietnam is hands down one of my favourite places to ride and it is made all that much better with the amazing food you can eat during your journey. Inspired by one of Vietnam’s national dishes, the Banh Mi, I have taken some short cuts to create a filling and tasty meal for lunch or dinner.
4 long baguette style rolls
Asian slaw mix
1 small cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
400g shredded cooked chicken (see tips)
Fresh sliced chilli, optional
Cilantro or green onions, optional
- Slice rolls lengthways, without cutting all the way through. Spread liberally with mayonnaise.
- Combine slaw mix with Asian inspired dressing or toss in 2 teaspoons of vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Divide between rolls.
- Divide cucumber and chicken between rolls, garnish with cilantro, green onions and chilli slices if using. Serve.
- Make one long baguette and cut into 4 if individual rolls aren’t available
- Use precooked chicken breast or a bbq chicken to save time
- BBQ pork works well in place of chicken
- Any pre-made coleslaw or shredded style cabbage salad can be used
- Dried chilli can be substituted for fresh