This is a true one pot dish, making it a quick meal with minimal fuss. If you are anything like me and usually only cook for one or two, I would eat it straight from the pot and save on washing up another plate as well!
1 large chicken breast
1 packet of dried pasta and carbonara sauce
2 tablespoons milk powder
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ cup green peas
¼ cup sun dried tomato strips
- Cut chicken into thin strips and set aside. In a large pot, add required amount of water according to pasta directions along with milk powder and olive oil. Bring to a simmer.
- Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes. Add chicken and peas, stir well.
- Cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and stir through tomatoes. Cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Divide between plates and serve with lots of black pepper.
- Allowing the pasta to stand after cooking will allow sauce to thicken and become more creamy
- I use olive oil in place of the usually required butter
- Be sure to check seasoning before adding salt as these products can be quite salty to begin with
- Omit chicken and replace with mushrooms for a vegetarian version
- Bacon and be used in place or with chicken for extra flavour
- Dried, canned or frozen peas can be used
- Fresh tomato cut into dice can be used in place of sun dried