Burgers and Caesar salads are easily two of the most popular dishes on any restaurant menu. This recipe combines them, making for a hearty and delicious lunch or dinner.
4 crunchy bread rolls
2 chicken breast
4 middle bacon rashers
1 small romaine lettuce diced
¼ red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
Caesar dressing to serve
- Cut bread rolls in half. Heat a large fry pan over medium high heat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Place rolls cut side down and toast for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove and repeat with remaining rolls.
- Whilst bread is toasting, cut each chicken breast through horizontally, creating 4 thin steaks. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Return pan to the heat with a drizzle of oil, cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Cook bacon and eggs, sunny side up.
- To assemble; spread dressing on both the top and bottom of rolls. Place a handful of lettuce on the base of each roll, top with chicken, onion, bacon and an egg on each one. Drizzle extra dressing on top and serve.
- A grill can be used to toast the rolls if available. Be careful to keep a close eye so they don’t burn
- Purchase fresh ingredients just prior to setting up camp for the day. Remember to cook chicken within 4 hours of purchase
- Chicken burger patties can be used in place of chicken breast
- Turkey can be used in place of chicken
- Any crunchy lettuce or green leaves can be used if romaine is unavailable
- Ranch, blue cheese or aioli can all be substituted for Caesar dressing if unavailable