Ginger and pork work so well together and the combination of crisp veggies and slippery noodles make this quick dinner a firm favourite of mine whether I am on the road or at home. Stir fries are so flexible, so make it your own with whatever ingredients you prefer.
300g sliced pork strips
¼ cup hoi sin or kecap manis sauce
½ red pepper, cut into large pieces
1 cup green beans, cut into 3cm pieces
½ red onion, sliced
2cm piece fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
Pinch dried chilli flakes
300g fresh egg noodles
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, add noodles, and cook for 1 minute to heat through. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat a drizzle of oil over high heat. Cook the pork, stirring regularly until browned on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Return pan to high heat, add vegetables and cook stir often until bright in colour and still crisp. Add ginger, sauce and chilli.
- Return pork to the pan with the noodles and toss to coat in sauce and warm through.
- Divide between plates and serve.
- Fresh noodles are already cooked and only need warming through. Boiling them for more than a minute will make them too soft and they will fall apart.
- Beef, chicken or prawns can be used in place of pork
- Use a small bag of fresh or frozen stir fry veggies to save time
- Dried noodles can be used in place of fresh, cook according to directions on pack