Creamy chicken and sweet corn pasta may sound super indulgent, but it takes less than 15 minutes to prepare so it is great for the end of a long day on the road or at home. Perfect for cool nights when you need the comfort of a classic chicken and corn soup but with the satisfaction of a big bowl of pasta.
300g dried pasta (any kind is fine)
1 large can of corn, drained well
1 cup sliced mushroom
1 cup of cooked and shredded
½ cup crème fraiche or sour cream
¼ lemon, juiced
1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook pasta according to directions. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat with a drizzle oil. Add the corn and toast lightly before adding the mushrooms and chicken, saute for a further 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms have softened and chicken is lightly browned.
- Stir through crème fraiche and season well with salt and pepper, add lemon juice. Reduce sauce until slightly thickened, add pasta and heat through.
- Scatter through green onion and serve.
- Using crème fraiche or sour cream gives you a tangy sauce which cuts down on the heaviness of traditional cream-based sauces.
- Reserve a small amount of the pasta cooking water to thin the sauce before serving if required.
- Chicken can be omitted for a vegetarian option
- Any kind of mushroom can be used, soaked dried mushrooms work well if on the road
- Brown onion, finely diced and cooked off at step 2 before adding the corn can be used in place of green onions