A question I get a lot from people is about changing the oil on my KTM 500exc, doesn’t it get old having to change the oil on such a regular basis?
Simple answer, no! A few minutes is worth it for the enjoyment the bike gives me for the rest of the time I’m riding, I have a simple solution that makes my life easier, and really it’s not that hard or time-consuming.
Then I refer them over to race guys who change their oil on a much tighter schedule than a schmuck just riding a dirt bike RTW, it’s all relative.
Looking more at race guys than RTW or other adventure riders this was a simple idea by Bulletproof Designs to help you get ‘virtually all of your oil’ out of your motor when you need a quick change.
Maybe you don’t have time to take off your skidplate between races?
did you destroy a skid plate mounting bolt riding through that last rock garden in that enduro event?
did you turn your oil into a milkshake by drowning your bike at that last water crossing and just need to run clean oil through the system multiple times?
or …fill in the blank?
- Fits all 2 stroke KTM models 125/150/250/300 2007-2020
- Fits all 4 stroke KTM models 450/500 From 2007-2020
- Fits all 2 stroke Husqvarna models 125/150/250/300 2014-2020
- Fits all 4 stroke Husqvarna models 450/501 From 2014-2020
If it’s not self-explanatory, how does it work?
Andrew from Bulletproof Designs explains –
Change the oil in your KTM or Husqvarna dirt bike without removing your skidplate or creating a mess.
- Simply lean the bike over on to a stand or against the wall,
- remove your OEM drain plug from the crankcase,
- then install our Bullet Proof Designs Oil Drain Tool.
- Place the bike back on the stand or lean over the drain pan,
- pull the cap then let the oil drain.
- Once all of the oil is drained, simply remove the Bullet Proof Designs Oil Drain Tool and replace it with the OEM drain plug.
- Pour fresh oil in then go ride!
For more simple solutions to keep your bike safe and protected Bulletproof Designs have a bunch of good solutions
Check them out
Website – www.bulletproofdesigns.com
Instagram – @bulletproofdesigns