“The country through which we passed today was diversified…”

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Revelstoker, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Revelstoker

Revelstoker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. It's great to see this thread gets looked at every now and then! It always brings back great memories when I take a quick look.

Here's a shot of Gary putting the last tent pole away in the early morning just outside of Island Park in Idaho that I hadn't posted.
    [​IMG]
  2. Bartron

Bartron 'Tenacious B' the Bike Punisher

Oddometer:
    Something tells me that at this point, you were already finished packing up, finished brewing/drinking/cleaning coffee and had caught up on all the latest from the New York Times!

Always fun to re-read these reports.
  3. Hockeygod

Hockeygod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rich, this is my favourite RR... I have read it twice (subscribed!) and these latest posts made me check it out again! I dream of doing this ride - with 2 young kids now, this might get pushed off for a few years... but hoping I can do parts of it here and there (1 week at a time! - I have been told that 1 week will allow me to complete a circle from Calgary to Montana to the tip of Utah via the Divide; and back up through Idaho (Missoula / Whitefish) into the Crowsnest and home.)

Right now, it looks like we will spend 1 or 2 weeks in and around Bend Oregon in late August / first week in September. God willing, I will find a way to take my 640 and do some day or two exploring in the area. :evil (Right now, it is a mountain and road bike trip with no other motorbikers...)

If you do any more rides, please post them in the future! :ear

All the best to you in the New Year! :freaky

Dean
  4. Revelstoker

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dean - you need to take a weekend trip out to Revelstoke for some riding this coming Spring. Standby for a RR that Bartron and I did around Idaho late this past Summer. I figure Bartron will outdo himself when he puts pen to paper:evil.
  5. Revelstoker

Oddometer:
    Waking up early is something that happens when one's bladder can't hold the amount of fluids consumed the night before! Besides, I'm old. Also, if I slept in I'd never have been able to take these crusty-eyed shots of my best riding buddy!

Wet & cold morning at The GS Challenge 2010
    [​IMG]

Grand Forks 2009
    [​IMG]

I have noticed now that I have the coffee situation dialed in, that you have tended to 'sleep in' a little more!
    Some farmer's field Idaho September 11, 2010
    [​IMG]
  6. LittleWan

LittleWan You can do it!

Oddometer:
    Yeah, where is that thing?
    :ddog

It's f'ing 2011!

:lol3
  7. Revelstoker

Oddometer:
    LittleWan, Bartron really got into gas sniffing while in Idaho and this may have hampered his writing abilities. It was a real heartbreaker to watch him take gas from my KTM because his 800GS has surreptitiously run out of fuel! I am positive that your good-natured ribbing will be dutifully noticed and awaken him from his 'slumber'!
    [​IMG]

That certainly wasn't water. Just say 'no' from now on.
    [​IMG]
  8. redpillar

redpillar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. Holaday

Holaday Man of Leisure

Oddometer:
    :ddog

Still waiting for that RR as well.
  10. tinbasher

tinbasher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :clapWow what a ride. Would like to buy you a beer or more if we ever meet.have the same bike 07 640. Now have to get it together for the ride south. Might have to talk to my son see if he,s up for it.
  11. Gale B.T.

Gale B.T. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rev stoker, :D, I am beginning to really believe I will drop in on you in Revelstroke this summer before we get the remainder of that RR.

I do wish Bartron the best in his recovery for the transfer of gas (that may raise several questions:lol3)), but we do hope he will come up with some more pics and comments on that trip.

BEst of luck for any help you may throw his direction.

ciao, gale
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572583
  12. desmodab

desmodab Oversized Canuck

Oddometer:
    Hey Revelstoker!

I know it's well after you wrote this but wanted to chime in how much I enjoyed reading this the other week, and how it has inspired me to do some off road riding this year - per your recommendation TKCs are on their way for my Strom. Now looking at KTM classifieds, but one step at a time!

Next for me is to play in Google maps with your RR and get a better sense of where you went.

thanks for writing - this must taken hours and hours... :thumbup

cheers! SS
  13. Revelstoker

Oddometer:
    Thanks alot - I always like it when this post gets brought back to the top!
    I think I took over 1500 pictures and Ronyx probably took the same amount just in the first four days...but here is one that Ronyx took of me somewhere in Southern Montana. This has to be some of my favorite riding - wide open plains...
    [​IMG]
  14. Hockeygod

Hockeygod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yup this is indeed a great thread. I too love it when I get an email in my inbox saying someone replied to it - just another excuse to look at it and dream about this ride!