“Battle-Ready” Adventure Motorcycle Gear on a Budget

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by ArmyStrong, Mar 23, 2016.

1. ArmyStrong

ArmyStrong 6F

Oddometer:
    http://www.advpulse.com/adv-products/battle-born-adventure-motorcycle-gear/

Great review. Complete review..follow link

It’s all too common to see Adventure Riders out there rolling the dice wearing inadequate gear. It’s hard to blame people for skimping though when the average waterproof adventure riding suit costs $800 or more!

Used gear can be hit or miss and cheap motorcycle gear can leave you wondering whether or not it’s a good investment, and that’s where my thoughts first drifted when the guys at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC told us about their new budget-minded Adventure Riding suit from house brand “A.R.C.” called the “Battle Born.”

I had a healthy amount of skepticism at first, considering the low price of $199 for the jacket and $139 for the pants. Although, having ridden with the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC product guys several times before, I knew how hard they ride Adventure Bikes off-road and the abuse they put new products through before bringing them to market. Living in Utah, they also understand the need for Adventure Motorcycle gear that can handle both hot and cold extremes.
    wiz.au and Icy_ like this.
  2. mississippimadman

mississippimadman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome price
    ArmyStrong likes this.
  3. justinope

justinope Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm planning on getting a jacket/pants set myself and them finding someone to stitch on the knee armor velcro like they have on the new Klim Badlands pants. I think it'll be a pretty sweet setup!
    ArmyStrong likes this.
  4. everready

everready Stuck in Ohio....Ugh!!!

Oddometer:
    Looks good but they need to make the pants in different lengths.
  5. Mastery

Mastery Mr. Funny Man

Oddometer:
    Nice price. Read the review. If it can stand up to crashing and extended extreme rainstorms, it's a great deal.
    ArmyStrong likes this.
  6. ArmyStrong

ArmyStrong 6F

Oddometer:
    The review sure was promising. We need great gear at more reasonable prices for sure. Love the many vents and the statement that it was waterproof even in the crotch sitting in water.
    HAYVIATOR likes this.
  7. JustinOther

JustinOther KLR MUTANT

Oddometer:
    Who's gonna be the first to bite on this gear?
    I've been eyeing it even though I don't need it...
  8. ArmyStrong

ArmyStrong 6F

Oddometer:
    You need to..on that KLR560 (typo?). :)
    JustinOther likes this.
  9. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    I might buy it, I need some new pants, and a new jacket soon.

sort of wanted to go Hi Viz, but that grey or black might do.
    JustinOther likes this.
  10. JustinOther

JustinOther KLR MUTANT

Oddometer:
    Stereotypes die hard ;)

Wait...is it a stereotype if it's true.....woooooooop
    ArmyStrong likes this.
  11. The-Wanderer

The-Wanderer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have had the pants since november and they seem pretty great. Rode in some light rain and never got wet. I took the knee armor out as it is super annoying. But then I was riding some decently hard stuff so I opened up the vents and boy oh boy do they breath well. These are a great pair of pants.
    JustinOther likes this.
  12. justinope

justinope Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd already have this ordered if I knew for sure I'd have the cash in reserve to pay for the other half of my rally raid kit but I don't know for sure yet lol
  13. BiGR Rich

BiGR Rich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been looking at these for the past couple weeks. Getting rid of the hassle of having a separate rains suit for my commute would be great, but I've been waiting for a few more reviews first.

I thought I read somewhere that Rocky Mountain ATV has their own "customer cash" program. So you could buy the jacket, get the customer cash, and then use it to buy the pants.
  14. bwringer

bwringer Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer:
    Am I just missing it, or is there a chart of inseam lengths for the pants anywhere?
  15. everready

everready Stuck in Ohio....Ugh!!!

Oddometer:

It seems the come in one length. Yea, I don't get it either.............
  16. JustinOther

JustinOther KLR MUTANT

Oddometer:
    They do. If you create an account, they accumulate. Each product shows you the amount you will receive after purchase. Not all brands are allowing this, so double check. I currently have $70-80 in these reward dollars...now you have me thinking.
  17. FTL900

FTL900 White and nerdy

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting this!! [​IMG]

I'm very interested in this.. I've been looking at gear for awhile now, and I'm unwilling to "invest" the Aerostitch/Klim bucks. Living in a desert with NO plans to ride to Alaska, I don't need $800 of suit, however I do occasionally deal with hot/cold temperatures, sometimes on the same ride.

The jacket is now $179 and the pants are $119. I've been looking at the Cycle Gear house brand for awhile now, and it's around the same price - $199/$139 while it's on sale, IIRC. So I think this is the way I'm going.

I keep wondering why manufacturers don't put more color in these things.. a splash of color makes the black look much nicer, while the gray is drab and is only going to look more drab as it gets dirty. A little bit of color on that gray would really brighten it up. At least the Cycle Gear stuff has hi-vis and tan/black options.

But I'm liking this black and yellow.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  18. keiji

keiji Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just watched the product video for the jacket.....if I wasn't paying attention, I'd think I was listening to a revzilla video. Chase has Anthony's mannerisms down pretty good.
  19. YJake

YJake Social Distancing Before It Was Cool Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody that actually uses this stuff have any pics wearing it or more info? I'm doing a two week mountain trip in a month and need a pair of pants that I can live in the whole time and can adapt to temps in the 90's and down into the 40's.

I'm cross shopping these with Olympia Airglide pants in close out at RevZilla.
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/olympia-airglide-3-over-pants

I've got rain pants I pack with me but a waterproof pant would be even better...

-Jake
  20. MotoChron

MotoChron Got Dirt?!

Oddometer:
    I haven't used it yet, but ordered the jacket so we shall see.

Here is a video review found on YT.