“Battle-Ready” Adventure Motorcycle Gear on a Budget

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by ArmyStrong, Mar 23, 2016.

1. frozenpoet

frozenpoet Valks rule, clowns drool

Oddometer:
    That's how I knew they went on sale, spend that rebate 15 minutes later lol
  2. fluffybunny

fluffybunny Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Question for those of you that have these, now that it is getting into the summer, how does it handle 90-95 degree days and humid? I wouldn't be riding in it all the time like that but being from Arkansas that type of weather happens a lot in the summer. My biggest concern is the venting enough in the jacket to keep me cool, when stopped I know I'm going to bake in whatever, but if I'm moving is it enough?
  3. CodyECSL

CodyECSL Taco Inspector

Oddometer:
    Greatest country in the world, TX (DFW area)
    I used them in South FL and now in Dallas and they work as well as I would think pants with 4 vents would. I usually take off my jeans and wear just the overpant when it's exceptionally hot outside and it doesn't feel like a stove.
    fluffybunny likes this.
  4. BiGR Rich

BiGR Rich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It hasn't been very hot this summer in PA.... only a few days here and there. But from what I've experienced so far, short trips to the store or whatever will leave you sweating. Longer trips at higher speeds haven't been a problem yet.

Mind you, I'm also riding an air cooled parallel twin with a GSXR fairing.... so i might not be the best example.
    fluffybunny likes this.
  5. twowings

twowings Comfortably Numb... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just rode 4,648 miles in the ARC jacket and pants through all types of terrain except low desert and was comfortable and dry except for a monsoon downpour that occurred so close to returning home I chose to ride through it instead of seeking shelter. I was wet but the ambient temp was 74-81 degrees so I was not cold by any means...I consider the jacket and pants the bargain of the century especially after receiving the fantastically-generous rebate from Rocky Mountain ATV about 5 weeks after my purchase...it was enough money to purchase a Wolfman waterproof bag...I'm a satisfied user!

[​IMG]
  6. skylerhager1

skylerhager1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I received my suit in the mail last night... I'm 6'4, 200 lbs and the XL jacket and 36 pants fit me perfect.

The protection is there, the fit is great, initial quality and impression are A+.

Taking it on it's first trip to get dirty this weekend, but from what I see so far, I cannot believe the kit was only $250 total. Better quality than my buddies $250 KTM jacket and $200 riding pants, that's for sure!!
  7. manstache

manstache Flounder of ADV

Oddometer:
  8. White mt guy

White mt guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got the jacket and pants two years ago. the pants are fantastic they have endured some serious abuse and some long hard miles and like pants three or four times the price time has broken them in ,but has not broken them yet. well worth the money. the jacket on the hand is bulky, hot, and a bit uncomfortable Imo. I have since gone on to buy a sliders all weather jacket and love it. I has multiple layers with a outer mesh shell that is perfect for hot days.
  9. sajor

sajor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Old post but cycle gear ocasionally has good deals on gear about 2yrs ago i purchased their bilt brand typhoon aventure water proof jacket for $80 and last year purchased sedeci water proof pants from them for $75, i live in Phoenix,az so dont really need a 4 season suite but even if it gets cold i just layer up.
  10. twowings

twowings Comfortably Numb... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still using mine...wearing like iron and when the weather gets toasty will pair it with my Colorado Coolvest...still a satisfied customer!
  11. skylerhager1

skylerhager1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love mine and all my buddies who are new to adventuring look into it. Great budget gear!
    slicer dicer likes this.
  12. frozenpoet

frozenpoet Valks rule, clowns drool

Oddometer:
    I could have went with a large instead of a xl, but other than that I'm happy with my set. Last year I did a two week tour ranging from cold and rainy to hot and dry and was pretty comfortable.
  13. blrfjr

blrfjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These have been discontinued. If anyone knows where I might find a set post up
  14. PhiSig1071

PhiSig1071 What's ******width?

Oddometer:
    So it looks like they have released a new version of this set. They're a little more expensive (Jacket is $199, Pants $149) but according to the video they have made a lot of improvements to the pants, based on reviews from riders. They're supposed to be more waterproof now, specifically the zippers and the crotch. I've got a cold-weather jacket I'm very happy with, but I was thinking of buying these pants, has anyone purchased a pair of pants or a jacket in the new version? What do you think?

I've got the ARC Backcountry Jacket, and I think it's an awesome jacket (for what it is, an over-armor shell), so I'm hoping I would be equally happy with these pants.
  15. smithb9

smithb9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was really impressed with the quality of the first gen ARC pants, but they were not waterproof, not even a little bit. Hopefully “more waterproof” means actually waterproof this time.

On the contrary, you can get Aerostich Darien pants for under 400, goretex waterproof, unparalleled customer service, and made in USA. After a wet ride home in my ARC pants, I returned them with much difficulty from RMATV and bought the cheapest Klim goretex pants for 400. When they give up the ghost, I’ll probably go the Aerostich route.
  16. PhiSig1071

PhiSig1071 What's ******width?

Oddometer:
    The first gen ARC Battle-Born pants? I have a 2nd Gen ARC Backcountry Jacket and it's totally waterproof. I have a set of ICON overpants that are also totally waterproof, but they have zero pockets. That combo is fine for a quick dual sport ride and the overpants are great for commuting with work clothes on, but I would like a set of waterproof riding pants and these are half the price of most "Firstgear" stuff, which is usually my litmus test for decent affordable gear.
  17. smithb9

smithb9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yes, the first gen pants. It sounds like they may have solved their issues with this new gen, and I hope they did. Like I said, the quality was really nice in the gen 1 pants, just that they leaked from everywhere.