“stay logged in” no work on iphone

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by hotwheels22, Sep 9, 2018.

1. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 motorradRP

Oddometer:
    hi all
    advance apologies for the likely user error question here. does anyone know if there is a setting or reset or something on the iphone that now prevents the stay logged in function from working? i have to log in every time i reply it post as this selection box doesn’t retain my login.
    also should i close all open safari screens?
    for some reason i think i have to actually relog on for each new page as well and won’t retain the setting even for a brief period of time while using the phone.
    THANKS
  2. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    Check the cookie settings in Safari on your iPhone, it works for me, but in order for it to work, you have to allow it to save cookies.
  3. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 motorradRP

Oddometer:
    THANKS man. i haven’t changed anything in quite some time (months not years) so it is a little weird it is coming up all of a sudden. i did Clear History in Safari on my desktop which usually means i need to re log in on all my other devices for pass protected pages though.
    any thoughts on this screenshot? surely i don’t need to allow web pages to track me to retain this login...?
    THANKS for the help...
    jon

Attached Files:

4. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    That is the same as mine. I also have things linked via iCloud and did clear everything a month ago and had to log in again on my phone, but only once.
    hotwheels22 likes this.
  5. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 motorradRP

Oddometer:
    thanks a lot for the help.
    yeah, this is sort of annoying since i have to log in every time i reply. maybe hard restart or whatever. i guess rher ewaa a clear cache operation i found when i had a similar problem. will have to find his again...