'06 1150 GSA Thread

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by idea man, Aug 20, 2008.

1. IceCreamSoldier

IceCreamSoldier suffering somewhere

Oddometer:
    Wow!!! I have seen 2 at a time twice, This is the first time I’ve seen 3 in one picture, very cool !!
    MIHALIS TZIMAS likes this.
  2. idea man

idea man Plate Spinner

Oddometer:
    I think we had three up in Oregon a few years ago at the same BMW rally, but we never got them parked next to each other ....or in front of a woman in a swimsuit....or whatever that is.
    Those are good looking rigs.
    WELL DONE! Great pics.
  3. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still a mighty looking bike all these years on.:photog
  4. joserides

joserides slow and steady

Oddometer:
    fullsizeoutput_1c58.jpeg
    OroDas, endurists and theandy like this.
  5. spagthorpe

spagthorpe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I was more shocked that they were all basically stock.
    IceCreamSoldier likes this.
  6. NORTH RIDER

NORTH RIDER Long timer

Oddometer:
    After four years and at least 4 attempts at buying one It Finally Happened . Hope to have my new to me 2006 R1150GSA in 2 weeks . Will post photos soon .

North rider
  7. Zatoichi101

Zatoichi101 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Watching!
  8. Johnny Dakar

Johnny Dakar Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer:
    Me too!
    SelfPropelledDevo likes this.
  9. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah for you! Have 113,000 miles on mine ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. IceCreamSoldier

IceCreamSoldier suffering somewhere

Oddometer:

Two weeks ago coming home from SD I went “to neutral” passing a truck on I-5 .... got it towed to A&S in Roseville and a bearing failure somewhere between the clutch and transmission failed. Clutch is toast and tranny needs parts or replaced. 65,000 miles. Glad it happened where it did as opposed to some of the remote places I’ve been in the last month. They are looking for parts and FYI... according to A&S, there IS a difference in the 06 transmission/gearing as opposed to earlier 1150 GSA models. In the meantime, I’ve been bonding with my 2018 WR250R.
  11. darrell

darrell Long Time BMW Rider

Oddometer:
    Interesting on the different transmission. My 2006 GSA informatiion shows it has an Enduro Transmission with BMW code of 0631. I thought all 4 years had this transmission. I also own a 2002 GSA so have to check that transmission code and see if different. Keep us updated what bearing went bad on you. I have 119,000 miles on the 2002 and 66,000 miles on the 2006 and have experienced no issues with either.
  12. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    Been riding my 1150adv (black) for over 12 years, had planned that when it's paint got old and shitty i would have it painted like an 06, but the factory black paint is still in near pristine condition, australian sun and salt air have no effect on it!:lol3
  13. Lifesave

Lifesave Widetrack

Oddometer:
    Any 06's still in Texas or have I got the only one left?
  14. NORTH RIDER

NORTH RIDER Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have been looking for an 06 GSA on and off for at least 4 years . Many bikes have come and went but every time I sold one I always looked to see if I could find one for sale . A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to find one that has been kept in AMAZING CONDITION , even though it has 66,000 miles . The bike belong to fellow inmate DARRELL . He is a true rider having logged 800,000 miles on BMW bikes alone ( I think he wants to hit the 1 million mark before hanging up his Aerostich for good )
    Money was transferred and a week or so later I was off to Minnesota to pick up my new bike . Darrell had told that the weather was going to be warm enough for riding . He left the insurance and plate on the bike and we managed to get 80 miles of riding . That’s one hell of a test ride. He was on his 02 1150 GSA with 120,000 miles on it but still looks mint ( all his bikes look mint )
    I’m short and was worried about the height of the WHITE WHALE , but even with the regular seat ( got a low seat as well ) I found the bike not much taller than my 1993 Honda Africa Twin . After riding the bike for a while the tank , fairing , gauges reminded me a lot of my 1993 BMW R100gspd.
    LOVE THE BIKE ( too bad it is winter here )
    Can not say enough good things about the seller DARRELL . If you ever need parts or get a chance to buy one of his bikes , do so without hesitation. ( he has a knack for knowing where to find the parts that are no longer available for these bikes )

About the bike . It has STANTON headguards, full Touratech luggage, both side cases are 45l . The muffler has been removed and you need special racks ( no longer made ) , Touratech side covers , they really finish off the bike , much better looking than the factory set up ( also no longer available ) Touratech steering stop , LED lights on the hand guards, flashing brake light , turn signals are set up as running lights , always on , sump guard , rear mud guard is extended ( maybe a Kildala sp?) rear trunk sits on a re- enforced plate and some other things that I’m forgetting .
    Most of the photos you see were taken by DARRELL , I’ll post some of the bike once I get it all registered here in Canada .

North Rider

PS . I was only the 3rd person to ever ride this bike. DARREEL bought it brand new . Only him , the BMW mechanic that performs the maintenance and myself have ridden the bike .
  15. blues_bleu

blues_bleu Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hi, you have the contact for the seller of this bike??
    like to ask if he still can get some of the parts!!

Thanks!!
  16. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    Hey North Rider,
    Great looking bike and your shop is a great home for your new ride.
    Ride Safe,
    Rick

[​IMG]
    endurists likes this.
  17. NORTH RIDER

NORTH RIDER Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sadly the above photo was taken at the previous owners garage. His garage is as clean as his bikes .

North Rider
  18. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Congratz on joining the club. Now make sure never to sell it, you sure will regret it :deal
  19. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yikes. Sorry to read this. I just got my fuel injectors cleaned, and bike is running so much smoother.
  20. Lifesave

Lifesave Widetrack

Oddometer:
    North Rider,
    Glad you found a nice 06. Enjoy