07 DL650 Stalling - HELP!!

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by DSM8, Nov 26, 2006.

1. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    Has anyone heard of this one yet?

I have an 07 Weestrom.

At just over 100 miles the bike started to stall randomly when coming to a stop.

Now the bike has been stalling on a regular basis everytime I am coming to a stop and even slowing down while splitting lanes which is downright dangerous.

Bike is going to the stealer tomorrow to be looked at with only 250 miles on it.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard or experienced this.

Idle is at 1400 and there is no way to adjust the idle on this year bike :eek1

:ear
  2. xrmattaz

xrmattaz Close to Utlaw

Oddometer:
    Even the Wee can benefit a Yosh Box tuning.....hopefully your dealer has one. You're experiencing the stock lean condition these bikes (both the big 'un and the little 'un) are delivered in.

Find one, add 1.5% or so to your idle circuit, and the problem will go away, IME.
  3. McB

McB Long timer

Oddometer:
    No way. Problems like that on the 650 are almost unheard of. Take it to the dealer and make them get it right. I'm betting on someone screwing something up when it was set up.
  4. el toro loco

el toro loco Adventurer in exile

Oddometer:
    My 07 is running fine with only 1,020 miles.
  5. DSM8

Oddometer:
    I have/had the Dl1000 and know what your talking about regarding the lean condition.

This being the 650 with the new heads etc I am gonna get it to the dealer just wanted to hear if anyone else with the same bike experienced this.
  6. DSM8

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear, the problem cropped up at 100+ and progressivly has gotten worse.
  7. BBurton

BBurton Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There has been "plenty" of 650's that have needed the yosh treatment. I think every brand/model of motorcycle that comes from the factory, needs more fuel. They are ALL choked to death, and it will only get worse! Suzuki has already made the 07 650 almost impossible for us to tune at home, just imagine what bullshit the future will bring. The big 1000 engine has been so detuned from the stock TL engine, that it has REALLY been choked to death. Virtually every 1000 needs better fuel management, whether it be a yosh remap, PCIII or Techlusion DFO. Sometimes I miss having my good ole carbs.
  8. DSM8

Oddometer:
    Youll love this the new 07 doesnt even have the means to adjust the idle speed like the older ones do.

:eek1

Per the manual, if idle speed needs to be adjusted please take to your stealer.
  9. xrmattaz

xrmattaz Close to Utlaw

Oddometer:
    The Yosh Box is ONLY four hundred bucks, and could be passed around to the VStrom owners on this board, as has been done on the VStrom Rapidforum board. VERY positive results from both the Wee owners/big V owners.....including me!

I've already got four local guys, including myself, interested.......I'd like to have it again for other minor issues.

I'll buy one if enough interest is generated! We did three 1000's last week, three owners quite pleased with the simple Yosh Box mod. Took about two minutes each bike. 2% or so added to the idle circuit....no more stumble, and much better/smoother acceleration.

This one box has been successfully shipped to several hundred VStrom owners thus far, and still works perfectly.

Who's in?? PM me if you are.
  10. PeterW

PeterW Long timer

Oddometer:
    The $400 Yosh box has only $10 worth of parts in it :). (And a uncommon connector),
    hunt around on the VSRI board, someone posted schematics for it a while back.

Pete
  11. RomperStromper

RomperStromper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This could be a totally differant issue... the wee has an angle cut out switch, so when it tips over the engine shuts off, if this is faulty it could be your problem, I have heard of this once before, sounded just like yours, mention it to the dealler, should be just a plugin to check as it works on voltage sensing

good luck
    Ads
    ps I have an 07 wee and am loving it,
  12. XTreme

XTreme Mucho Macho

Oddometer:
    It's brand new.....just take it to the dealer and tell 'em to sort it!
  13. Kristen

Kristen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is it rough at start-up? Is it running on one cylinder?
    My 07 650 was deemed unrepairable with 115 miles on it and is being repurchased by Suzuki. Yep, you read that right....
    I had not heard of anyone else having problems with an 07 with such low mileage. Pray to the motorcycle gods.
  14. bluebye

bluebye Skin it back

Oddometer:
    'neckville is where you hang your hat, Rolling
    Would you please explain the situation?
  15. McB

McB Long timer

Oddometer:
    No doubt any bike can benefit from some tuning to get around the pollution restrictions, etc., but the problem described is either a factory defect or a dealer set-up problem, not a tuning issue. At 100 miles, a new Japanese motorcycle should at least idle smoothly and not stall.
  16. Zapp22

Zapp22 ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer:
    where did this quote come from:
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Kristen
    Is it rough at start-up? Is it running on one cylinder?
    My 07 650 was deemed unrepairable with 115 miles on it and is being repurchased by Suzuki. Yep, you read that right....
    I had not heard of anyone else having problems with an 07 with such low mileage. Pray to the motorcycle gods.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    ??

Unrepairable...... wow. Bad cylinder? Cracked block?
    I don't think we'll be whining about slow delivery of 07's anymore. price of my 04 just ticked up a notch!
  17. DSM8

Oddometer:
    That is the strange part.

Bike starts fine everytime.
    Runs smooth and idles at 1400 per the spec.

Problem cropped up at 100+ miles and has progressivle gotten worse on the ride home. Total mileage at this point is 200 (Maybe).

The bike just plain dies when you come to a stop and has started to do it as well when pulling in the clutch if slowing down in traffic.

Starts right up every time though....

:huh
  18. Holmes

Holmes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That sucks - I'd be taking that puppy back to the dealer and raising hell. Never had even a hint of such issues on my 06, now at 9k miles.
  19. Kristen

Kristen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Within one week of bringing home the new bike, it would idle rough at cold start. Turn it off, restart it, it was fine. It got progressively worse until it would not run on both cylinders. Dealer couldn't figure it out so they called in the Suzuki rep. He worked on it for days. Suzuki customer support kept asking me for more time to work on the bike. A month went by. They refused to give me a new bike so I got a lawyer. The dealer says that Suzuki still hasn't fixed the bike, something about an intermittent wiring harness defect.
  20. vstrommississippi

vstrommississippi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My 05 has stalled a few times, I hope the problem doesn't get any worse. Its an intermittent problem which means at 22k I'd be screwed at actually getting it fixed. Looks like wiring harness is the place to start looking although a few people have suggested checking my airbox. Its going to have to become more frequent before I could even begin to try to track it down. Sounds like I could be buying a pre-07 when I get ready for another one.