'07 TuneECU Map reviews and musings

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by docwyte, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Compare the two maps in TuneECU. It would be interesting to see what the differences are. You should be able to use the 0704501 map on your bike? Usually, you can use the newer map on the older models within the same generation. The 06-08 are identical.
  2. Rideimal

Rideimal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is map 0704501 the newest map for the 06-08 generation with stock exhaust?
  3. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes.
    Micky69 likes this.
  4. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    Just picked up an FMF Q4 2 into 1 for my 2008 990A. Bike is all stock otherwise. Anybody running this or a similar combination? What map are you running? I'm looking to improve mileage rather than power. I mean I'll take both if it's possible!

Thanks.
  5. rotorhead511

rotorhead511 Live and let live.

Oddometer:
    I didn't see a 2 into 1 tune on TuneECU.

I'm curious also. What do all the 2 into 1 riders use?
  6. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is a Power-Tripp 2-1 map for the 09-13 engines. Nothing for the 06-08 motors.
    rotorhead511 likes this.
  7. rossguzzi

rossguzzi 990 Adv.

Oddometer:
    Just got mine running the best its been.
    07, Akra`s, Rotty filter, dongles, G3 throttle, Dyno map from US. It was still slightly snatchy, so I thought I would try putting in the exhaust baffles.
    It is softer on the on/off transition now. Has lost non of it power (seat of pants) Does not pop on over run (did it slightly before) And I think I like the more muffled sound better ! Surprised me too !!
    :clap:clap:clap
    rotorhead511 likes this.
  8. rotorhead511

rotorhead511 Live and let live.

Oddometer:
    Give us an MPG update when you get good numbers.
  9. Masso75

Masso75 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hi guys,for your experience what is the best map for '07 adv S with akra cans (db-killer in) bmc air filter (original air-box) SAS and second butterflies removed ?
    I have tested only akra map and biemme map.
    Thanks a lot...
  10. Masso75

Masso75 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So the Hologan map is only for ITG filter.....I'd like to test in my adv 07 with std air-box but perhaps it is not a good idea.........
  11. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used Hooligans map for a short time on my 07 stock air box, Leo pipes. Worked well. Pulled strong, very smooth throttle response, only downside was fuel economy sucked.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Masso75 likes this.
  12. Masso75

Masso75 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How much km? and now what map are you using? My bike has akra and bmc filter in std air-box....
  13. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:

As I recall my best case fuel economy with the Hooligan map, very easy highway riding, was max of 35 miles per (US) gallon and was often 32 or 33 ish, and off pavement, yet still very mellow riding, was 28 to 30 ish MPG, and at times even lower.

I ended up using Zuber's map. Now very easy highway I can see as high as 40 mpg, more typical highway (faster speeds) around 37/38. Off pavement 33 to 35 ish (sometimes a bit lower). I may not be recalling that all correctly - its been a while since ive checked.
  14. rossguzzi

rossguzzi 990 Adv.

Oddometer:
    14 Km p lt = 40 mpg. not hard riding.
  15. Masso75

Masso75 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Ok thanks,it is not a bad riding for me 35 miles per gallon,it is about 14-15 km per liter in Europe......with akra map I do 17 km/L and with my map (biemme) 15-16 km/L......
    KTM Mike likes this.
  16. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Trying something here, on a 07-08 ADV TuneECU map. I changed the .hex to a .gpx to see if I can load it here...

Looks like it loaded here and it will come back to me clean. So, it looks like a way to exchange tunes? Does it violate an ADV rule?

Down load this file, change the extension back to .hex and see if you can look at it in TuneECU. Compare it to the stock 4501 file to see my changes.

This is a file that works very good on the early 07-08 990 Adventures that are stock or with quiet slip on mufflers. I've leaned it out in the low rpm range and smoothed the ignition only slightly over stock. It comes on very smooth and builds through to 4500 rpm, no changes above this rpm, which always worked well. Haven't checked mileage, but it should be good. The low-octane ignition maps are gone and now hold the stock ignition map - so you can pull the brown wire and get the full advance to experiment. It started with the Euro 4501 map, SAS is off, EGS is off, O2 sensors are off. Edit - changed the file name.

Attached Files:

17. Salzig

Salzig Long timer

Oddometer:
    It works. Thank you so much.
    I will try it out, as soon as the weather decide to collaborate...
  18. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    If we go forward exchanging files this way, we should probably establish some rules.
    1. keep the original base file name from ktm and only add text to the beginning.
    1.1 edit the Map Infos in TuneECU to document your changes.
    2. use the .gpx extension which is a simple text file format and will go to the GPS program.
    3. be careful when down loading these in the future, don't double click or RUN any file you get, only SAVE it.
    4. change the extension back to .hex and open it with TuneECU, still don't double click or RUN it.
    5. In TuneECU, COMPARE the new file with the base file to see any changes and check for wild ass tunes that could screw up your bike. I go through every field to check the differences.
    6. Save it from TuneECU before using it. If some bits get dropped, TuneECU should fix it up.
    This will be cool.
    Masso75 and rotorhead511 like this.
  19. Salzig

Salzig Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd add:
    1.5 - use the Edit -> Map infos dialog to give a little description of the changes made.
  20. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

So I assume this would work good on a bike with stock air box cj 2-1 and an fmf q?