08 Honda CRF230L

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by mtbiker, Sep 7, 2007.

1. mtbiker

mtbiker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Everyone can check out the new 08 Honda CRF230L on Hondas website! Nice to see they are finally looking into the dualsport market again.:freaky

John
  2. RL Lemke

RL Lemke Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. MeefZah

MeefZah Curmudgeonly Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Wow, seems like a good bike for the $, pretty comparable pricewise to the XT225 and KLX250.
  4. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like a good bike to me, I can't wait to see it. Whew, you sure run across a lot of people with a negative opinion over in thumpers. I think they're looking for a race bike with lights or something.
  5. B DIRT

B DIRT Long timer

Oddometer:
    your moms house startn a small fire in her panties
    Im so freekin pumped on that bike....OMG that is awesome thank you Honda :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
  6. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I have a CRF230. It's a very nice bike for it's intended purpose.
  7. motominister

motominister Shut Up and Ride

Oddometer:
    The CRF230F is not the CRF230L (not that you were saying it was). The "L" has a larger fuel tank, lower seat height, rear disk instead of a drum, steeper head tube angle, shorter wheelbase, less ground clearance and of course a little extra weight for the lights and stuff. However, it is a Honda and my 16 year old really wants one. He'll have to wait until December.
  8. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I knew of the minor differences, but the bikes will still be very similiar. I doubt if the engine has any changes. Maybe different final gearing? My bike was jetted very lean, so the carburation may even be very similar between the two models.

Heck with a larger gas tank, the thing will probably have a 200+ mile range. I would estimate the my bike would be good for at least 150 miles on road, maybe more.
  9. motominister

Oddometer:
    You're right on the engine, but the tranny is also the same. I'm betting you're right on the range too. They are a barrel of fun in tight, technical eastern woods.:evil
  10. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I also have a 250X that I race. I can ride my 230 just as fast as my 250, in the tight first and second gear trails. It's a lot of fun to ride. But once the terrain opens up a little, the 250's superior suspension and motor take over.
  11. motominister

Oddometer:
    Good to know. Honda often borrows from bikes they already have in other countries, but there's not another 230, unless it is in Asia and I missed it. So, I think I'll test a 230F in road like conditions and see if I have the same experience.