09 Chicagoland Toys for Tots Parade

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ibafran, Nov 12, 2009.

1. BMWRich

BMWRich Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey....Letz ROCK!!!!
    Computer weather says currently at 4:39am 25°F and feels like 16°F and No SNOW...ahhhhh a bit brisk thats all....them Northern bruthers would call this a spring morning!
  2. BMWRich

BMWRich Long timer

Oddometer:
    BIG BIG turnout!!! I left the house at 6am,22°F(TV) with a windchill of 16°F. By 8am the sun was shining brightly and temps were hovering around 30-32°F. From my house to the Parade grounds,the roads were clear but cold...No ice.
    Riders from a few miles north of the City reported salt and icy sections/conditions from Fridays snow.
    I was stuck amongst the loud chrome gang till I reached the Eisenhower Expressway.
    I had enough of the exhaust fumes from rich runnin' carb'ed bikes so headed west then south towards home before the predicted clouds moved in.
    Saw many familar faces from our Local Club and those from the Full Moon.
    Even the Bishop from Chicago got in on the action.
    It don't hurt to make friends with those who have connections in high places!!!!
    [​IMG]
  3. Kevkor

Kevkor Been here awhile

Oddometer:

That's why I have this headache. I rarely get them.
  4. MRFRITZ

MRFRITZ advwannabe

Oddometer:
    thanks i'm back home,it was a beautiful day, and it was a good turnout. lot of kids will have a nice christmas.:clap
  5. MRFRITZ

MRFRITZ advwannabe

Oddometer:
    no worries well see you another day,its not like we are putting the bike away for the season.:deal
  6. Merle O'Broham

Merle O'Broham too beaucoup

Oddometer:
    L to R MRFRITZ, HOTDAMN!, Kevkor, sfd156, Merle O'Broham, EM-50, Stromboni, Jess (Mrs. Stromboni)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

a couple of weirdies
    [​IMG]

I heard we were mid-pack of Wave 2 - don't know how many waves there were
    [​IMG]

What a beatiful day- a bit nippy, but the sun was on full blast.

[​IMG]

Whadya got?
    Whadya need?
    [​IMG]

that's all I got fellas
  7. MRFRITZ

MRFRITZ advwannabe

Oddometer:
    thanks merle ,nice meeting everyone!
  8. GSJon

GSJon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like you all had a great time. I wish I would have been able to join you all. Damn this broken leg :cry
  9. Kevkor

Kevkor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great pics Merle! Thanks for setting everything up today. Hope to see everyone again soon.
  10. sfd156

sfd156 curiously curious

Oddometer:
    :evil great meeting everyone. Thanks for the hospitality Merle. We'll have to reattempt the Wolf Lake foray come spring.....my crystal ball tells me there may be a more appropriate bike in the garage with the Nighthawks by then:lol3
  11. chicago6061

chicago6061 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  12. EM-50

EM-50 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Whadya need?
    [​IMG]

Thats how he affords that garage full of bikes? He told me he was a dancer.
  13. ibafran

ibafran villagidiot

Oddometer:
    I got lined up about 30 rows back from the front at about 7;10am. It was nice to see a few adv'ers there. I had no problems for the day. My streets in from Arlington Hgts were clear and dry. Friday's dusting of snow was a non-issue by parade time. Although, there were icey patches along the curb of the parade route. I couldn't find any attendance figures so far. I expect the estimated totals to be in excess of 10k bikes.

They like to get the bikes parked 8-10 across and the rows nose-to-tail. The parking lot loop is just about a mile in circumference. The posted pics show about half the loop with bikes. And there are bikes parked along the parade route that like to jump into the parade as spots open up. Figure a cuppla thousand more bikes for that. They have the bike staged in 4 tiers. Maybe 4-5k bikes start and then a 15minute separation to let cross traffic clear the parade route.

Because I was in the first part, the the north end was not jambed with bikes. My presents were dropped off and I got the heck out of there with near zero problems. Normally, I would have hung around to eat soup. But I had a post-parade chili party to go to.
  14. BMWRich

BMWRich Long timer

Oddometer:
    from the TFT web site...

Attention!!! Your help is needed! Rescue Rider Kevin Murphy had his bike stolen AFTER the TFT parade. It was parked at the corner of Fransico & Belmont Ave in the middle of several other Rescue Rider Bikes outside Kumas Restaurant. it is a 1995 Heritage Harley Davidson Special Nastalgia Edition Black anyone w.../ info please email [email protected] or visit TFT facebook where pics are posted.