09 F800gs Front side fairings

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by 2wheelTroy, Jul 11, 2020.

1. 2wheelTroy

2wheelTroy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thinking about changing the color of the body panels on my F800gs and curious about the front side fairings. Found most of the parts on eBay but the front side panels.

On the schematics from bmw it looks like the older F800gs bikes have one larger panel that are all one piece that includes the color painted bit that sits between the front fender and the top of the air box. Just wanted to see if that was true. If so they are a bit more than I would want to spend from bmw and will sit tight until I can find some good used or I will paint mine this winter.

thanks, Troy
  2. Pilotuh1b

Pilotuh1b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    G’day,
    Yes they are one piece including the coloured part, the black intake snorkels and the sides. The reason you don’t find them is because they are the first part written off in a crash/drop.
    Good luck!
  3. ROMAD

ROMAD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The side panels appear to be fiberglass and would probably take paint very nicely if you had the color codes for the OEM color you wanted.
  4. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    The pricey painted panels are plastic, not fiberglass.
  5. 2wheelTroy

2wheelTroy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I kind of figured that would be the case - the side panels retail around $450 a side.

so I think I will stay with the current color for now and maybe paint them this winter.

thanks everyone.

Troy