1. eNewsletter Sign Up

09 KLR - Buddy stranded on the Alcan

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by AKTobias, Oct 10, 2010.

1. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    The guy's on a KLR? I'd start by looking for where Hayduchess is.
  2. simestd

simestd Packet plumber Supporter

Oddometer:
    Excellent memory Tom! Indeed, you were on your Ulysses. Enjoyed the conversation, and the offer is still open to help with the carbs or the loan of the plug :evil I'm still riding and have put just over 3K miles on the Virago since getting the bike back on the road earlier this summer.

BTW, my name is Tom Simes - and due to there being 3 Toms in my elementary school I was also known as Tom S until I was at least a teenager.
  3. simestd

simestd Packet plumber Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the welcome Mark! I don't want to threadjack, but I've been lurking, learning and enjoying the camaraderie! :D
  4. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    Hey Mr. SmartyPants,:fitz

After schooling Cappy, I've been quiet and minding my own business until you posted this undeserved drivel. :nono It's not my fault this guy's KLR has electrical problems as I was nowhere near him. Look to the source!

My lovely bike was safely esconced in my heated garage while I was out backpacking in the Chugach wilderness this past weekend, dodging huge, hungry grizzlies. I was happy to discover that while my calves got quite cold wading a river a couple times, my neoprene river booties kept my feet and toesies quite warm. From now on these booties will be in my backpack when I go on backcountry ski trips that require wading across icy cold rivers. :thumb

Should I remind you that AKCharlie and Cappy learned it's not wise to tease the Granny Gone Wild E.Q. overly much? You're lucky you gave AKCharlie and I those great t-shirts at D2D or you might end up in super-cute, pink, high-heel boots and a pink mini skirt too. :lol3

You know what? You're about as cute as a button. If you PM me your address I'll stop by to visit you on Halloween and leave you a very special treat on your front porch. :wink:

:jack :oscar :smile6
  5. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:

Correction made. :ksteve :wings
  6. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks, man, but I got that KTM carb sorted, is all good now. And thanks for the offer to loan that Colortune plug to a total stranger that day. Some day I might like to try one out.

And don't worry too much about a threadjack on this one. Looks like the guy's KLR is on it's way again anyway. A lot of these threads get jacked one way or another. :evil
  7. AKTobias

AKTobias Frugal Badass

Oddometer:
    Don't worry about a threadjack. My buddy's bike is in storage in Seattle waiting to head south in February. He is back on the job.
    I am still envious of his trip. He'll post a report this week I'm sure.
    But here are a few teasers of his journey:

1. Wolves serving as alarm clocks
    2. Snow storm in Whitehorse.
    3. Touratech welcome wagon
    4. Klr elastic chain
    5. Only one mention of a hot girl in 2000 miles
  8. Coyote Spike

Coyote Spike highlyambitious n00b

Oddometer:
    All,

Thanks very much for chiming in on my issues! I felt very good knowing that even stranded on the Stewart-Cassiar highway, I had the entire adventure motorcycling community behind me.

Hope you enjoy the (pretty long) report here.
  9. YnotJP?

YnotJP? Long timer

Oddometer:
    Coyote Spike, Glad you got your problem fixed. I know nothing about a KLR, but a complete Service Manual can come in very handy when you are a long ways from anywhere, or in my case at home.

Thank You for your service, good luck from now until February, and there after.