1 Mom, 2 Teenage Sons & 9K Miles Western US Motorcycle Trip

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AdrenalineGirl, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Max Wedge

Max Wedge ADVenture mowing

Oddometer:
    Blog is back, but nothing since October. I don't have an instagram, can a message be sent?
  2. yosso

yosso We gotta go now. Supporter

Oddometer:
    You can post comments under pictures, but I didn't see a way to send a direct message like you can with Twitter.
  3. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    From the blog it looks like they gave up on the Erie Canal plan and hauled the boat to Virginia to start the trip. No updates since late last year. The OP seems to be a principal with a small marketing firm (there's a link in her blog) and there is a way to contact the firm via email.....so...in theory...a way to get a message to the OP. I didn't try to do it, because at this point there's no motorcycling involved in her sailing adventure, and this is a moto forum. Secondarily I thought it might have been too creepy to do. Guess we'll have to wait until she gets back on two wheels for another story from her in adv!
  4. CaptnSlo

CaptnSlo Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. little foot

little foot seriously not serious

Oddometer:
    Talimena drive is really pretty, good choice.
    AdrenalineGirl likes this.
  6. AdrenalineGirl

AdrenalineGirl Adventure Junky

Oddometer:
    Hey all! I'm alive and very well! I have had quite a very busy winter with the boat trip (which I need to finish blogging about). We've been on the road quite a bit over the winter trying to avoid getting too snowed in up here in Northern Michigan. I just traded the Triumph for a new Ducati Multistrada S so I'm rather excited for this summer's adventures to begin. I'll post pictures soon, but I just wanted to say hello again and let you know I am not lying on the bottom of the ocean.
  7. longrides1

longrides1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh girl your in for a real treat vs the triumph, my son just got a new Multistrada as well.

I'm still riding my 2007 Multi.
  8. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow! Thanks for this amazing report! It resonated with me on so many levels. We have done stints of homeschool with both of my boys, 8 and 11. We did a big road trip a year and half ago in an RV for 2 months in the fall. We hit Yellowstone, Glacier, Vancouver, down the coast eventually to San Diego, with the exception of a four day river trip on the Rogue River in southern Oregon. I felt so fortunate to be able to spend that amount of time with my family and log memories of beautiful places and adventures. I am definitely jealous that you got to do this at times as a whole family, but alas, my better half doesn't share my love of two wheeled motorized things. My youngest picked up riding last year, and is quite proficient at it. He can do the entire Slickrock loop, including practice loop, in just over an hour. That gives me hope of an adventure like yours sometime in the future. My oldest hasn't taken to dirt bikes, prefers his ATV, but he has rode pillion with me a few times and likes it.
    Since I'm also a river runner, i appreciate that you have already had the chance to show your family the Grand Canyon. I look forward to the coming years when i can take my boys. My oldest could probably go next year. I am rowing the upper half in August. Can't wait to get back down in the big ditch. It will be my fourth trip, 2 21 day trips, one short 16 day trip, so this 6 day trip is more of a teaser.
    Enough babbling, but thanks again for such an awesome report! You are definitely doing it right!
  9. AdrenalineGirl

Oddometer:
    So I know this is a bit late, BUT - how'd the rafting trip go? I haven't checked here in too long, simply because we've been doing far too many other adventures. RV's, boats, trips to Asia, and RV trips through Europe to name a few. My apologies for not checking in sooner-like I said this is REAL late. Your life with your boys sounds very familiar. It sounds like you're already doing great adventures with them, and that's what counts.
  10. AdrenalineGirl

Oddometer:
    The Multi is the perfect touring bike for a vertically challenged person like me. Plus the power is ❤️. Fun for days!

Attached Files:

offtheback likes this.