10 day epic tour of Oregon coast/desert/cascades

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by ShenandoahDS1, Aug 12, 2020.

1. DaveWave

DaveWave Sometimes you win...sometimes you learn.

Oddometer:
    Nice drone footage of Cascade Locks and the Columbia River Gorge. Grew up in that area and had a ball riding all the logging roads and power line roads in the mountains.
    MazztheSpazz likes this.
  2. ShenandoahDS1

ShenandoahDS1 Dirtbike

Oddometer:
    My only regret is not taking more footage with the drone. I have it down to 3-4 minutes unpack and 2 minutes packing up with the drone so it's not to bad. Getting everyone lined up for the shots can be difficult but in the desert with no trees the follow-me mode is awesome and you can just ride. Now that drones are sub 1k and pack all the features it's hard to say no. Glad I had it along for the trip!
    DaveWave and liv2day like this.
  3. ShenandoahDS1

ShenandoahDS1 Dirtbike

Oddometer:
    3 minute highlight video of our trip
    Jedi2Rider, Humunn, lvscrvs and 2 others like this.
  4. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nicely done @ShenandoahDS1! Great job splicing those clips together and the song is perfect :thumb. I hear ya on capturing drone footage; get back and look at some of the gopro footage from my rides and regret not getting the drone out to capture an aerial perspective of some of the areas.

Very much enjoyed the vid, I know how much time it takes to sort through footage and put something together - thanks for taking the time to do so and sharing it :D :D
  5. ShenandoahDS1

ShenandoahDS1 Dirtbike

Oddometer:
    Finally finished P Oregon Ride 2020 (1).jpg art 1 of the
    documentary of our trip
    liv2day and Jedi2Rider like this.
  6. liv2day

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed that @ShenandoahDS1! Especially enjoyed the enthusiasm for my state :D :lol2. Glad you came back to the RR and posted this, it's always fun to see riding here though someone else's eyes and perspective. Odell lake is definitely one of the more scenic lakes in the Cascade range and you're only a couple hours from the start of my favorite area of Oregon.

Look forward to seeing what part 2 brings. I know it takes a boatload of time to get these videos sorted, though I hope it's not 3 months away...lol.

:ricky :ricky
  7. Pete Pilot

Pete Pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    liv2day, If you be watching this rr? As a Petepilot (rtd) that occasionally was in your state I found the eastern third from bottom to top the best part of Oregon. Oregon is among my favourite few of the 49 I rolled. SE Oregon is my kind of country. Do hope this rr gets finished. Enjoyed it.
    liv2day likes this.
  8. ShenandoahDS1

ShenandoahDS1 Dirtbike

Oddometer:
    Well after 20hrs of sorting footage part two is in the books. Enjoy!
  9. ShenandoahDS1

ShenandoahDS1 Dirtbike

Oddometer:
    Well after 20hrs of sorting footage part two is in the books. Enjoy!
  10. ShenandoahDS1

ShenandoahDS1 Dirtbike

Oddometer:
    Less than two weeks that’s a record lol
    liv2day likes this.
  11. liv2day

Oddometer:
    Outstanding @ShenandoahDS1! Man, watching your vid brought back wonderful memories from my own trip in June as well as other runs I've made over to that part of the state.

Really cool you guys stayed in Silver Lake and supported that small town; same thing with Fields, French Glen, and Diamond. Love that Fields has clear premium now; and they do have the best milkshakes anywhere on the west coast IMO.

So many fantastic spots you visited, getting up to the view point of the Steens, Fremont Point, the Alvord, and all the rest. What a great ride man.

Sincere thanks for taking the time to put that video together, I really enjoyed the mix of footage and your commentary is perfect.

Lookin' forward to seeing Part III when you have time to get it together. Hope you didn't take offense to me throwing grief your way for taking a couple months between I and II; I know what a time suck it is to sift through video and put something together.