10 Days of Utah Desert Madness!!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Joe Motocross, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Oldone

Oldone One day at a time!

Oddometer:
    For someone who's never had an off-road bike, and who's now going on 72 yrs. old, it's not very likely that it'll change now. I can enjoy your RR though so thanks for doing that since it's a lot of entertainment with great photos and very interesting comments.

Thanks much for your time......stay safe....

Gary "Oldone" :gerg

Grampa’s Lake Superior Ride
    Grampa’s National Monument Ride
    Tallbastid likes this.
  2. snare

snare sittin and breathin

Oddometer:
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuu.....

That was inspiring !

( I am looking for a 400 )
  3. leftystrat62

leftystrat62 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bump for the best ride report I'v ever read.
    Bump for the best ride report written.
    Bump for killer pictures of riding-NOT food
  4. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Yep. One of the all-time classics.
  5. scbob2

scbob2 n00b

Oddometer:
    Almost 9 years on this is still inspiring.
    Going to ride Canyonlands in Oct, largely due to this thread giving us inspiration
    Is Joe still around on here ?
  6. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'm still around. I come and go from this website. It is hands down the best forum and actually the only one I can stomach. I continue to become more of a recluse. My gal and I moved to central Utah a number of years ago. I just recently sold the old KTM520. That was a sad day but it went to a fitting new owner. I'm looking for a 500XCW for my next bike.

Amazing that it's been almost 10 years since I started this thread. Minimalist dirt bike travel is still my favorite way to see the country. One of the reasons I wrote this was to introduce people to the idea of using small bikes for "adventures". It really opens up a whole new world compared to the heavily loaded big adventure bikes. I recently went through this thread and cleaned up all the html errors that happened with the text when this site was updated, which was years ago already.

On another note, research and development has continued on the "Adjust A Fork". We're up to model 4.0. A number of people have expressed interest in the fork over the years. I finally got my act together and have welded up a number of them that I've sold to a few people. PM me if you want to get one or a few. You can check it out in the Vendors forum under ADJUSTAFORK minimalist camp bbq cooking fork. Also check it out on Instagram @adjustafork for ideas and techniques. So fun and delicious!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    theailer, sk3tch, 'Bob' and 3 others like this.
  7. moffy

moffy foolish fool

Oddometer:
    Awesome:))
    chilejack likes this.
  8. overlander

overlander Gravel Travel Tours Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks to me like I'm going to use my ADJUSTA-FORK for a grille over the fire in the morning to hold the coffee pot or even a skillet for eggs and bacon. Love the RR, btw! Its getting me inspired to head west out of Grand Junction towards Moab myself in a couple of weeks. AF order inbound, Gotta have one!
  9. chilejack

chilejack Viajero Viejo

Oddometer:
    This thread was started 11 years ago, here is Joe's latest:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/dese...stafork-odyssey.1375648/page-23#post-37770015