10' F800 GS wiring diagram / starting issue

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Eurolanc, May 21, 2019.

1. Eurolanc

Eurolanc Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello all, I finally joined and I'm on the search for some sort of factory wiring information.

The bike will crank and hesitate to start one time but the next time it acts like a dead battery and won't turn over.

Had some starting issues, replaced my stator with the Euromoto electrics high output unit (charging at 13.8-14 V @ idle), replaced and fully charged new battery and load tested (325CCA) and had my starter checked out by a local starter / alt shop (brushes and internals OK).

I'm getting ready to do a voltage drop test from + batt terminal to the + starter terminal, does anyone have a factory wiring diagram in hi-res that I can actually see and trace my starter wire back to? The starter doesn't have a solenoid built in so there must be one hidden.

The old stator went out and I lost all power on the way home, after this happened it hasn't started right since...

Thanks, Patrick
  2. Rider 101

Rider 101 Time poor

Oddometer:
    I'm sure I posted up a wiring diagram a while back ( or was that for the XT600 ? ).
    Have you thought about buying a Haynes manual? The wiring diagram is in there.
  3. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    The starter "solenoid" is on the left side under panel to side of tank panel.

Wiring Schematic F800 Specific Circuits.jpg Wiring Schematic F800 Common Circuits.jpg
    flei, dpike and Rider 101 like this.
  4. Eurolanc

Eurolanc Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome, thank you very much. I will do a voltage drop test before and after the starter solenoid.
    JRWooden likes this.