100 acre woods rally in MO

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Cow Boy Brad, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Cow Boy Brad

Cow Boy Brad brad1098

Oddometer:
    Who can tell me about the upcoming 100 acre woods rally in MO?

I plan on going and need some insight on what to see, what to skip. Where to watch, etc.

Cant believe I havent known of this event before now. Just goes to show you all the cool stuff gets no press.
  2. Tony K

Tony K going somewhere

Oddometer:
    Just google the 100 acre race and you will have access to all info
    past and present.
  3. green hell

green hell yawning or snarling

Oddometer:
    go grab a schedule from the web page. get the spectator guide and maps.

plan on going to parc expose and maybe a service or two.

you can't possibly make all the spectator points, so pick a couple/three with a reasonable amount of time in between.
  4. foxfire

foxfire YRUYUR?

Oddometer:
    I'll make it one of these years. Been going to LSPR (Houghton, MI) and Sno-Drift (Atlanta, MI) for years. 100 acre woods is the next closest...

So no, I don't have any useful info for ya...but I'm sure it'll be fun!
  5. Cumminsman76

Cumminsman76 befuddled

Oddometer:
    Its a different course. Depending on when you can go determans what you can see. Last year I went to see them in the park when you could walk around and look at the cars and then rode out to a spectator location on a good corner. It's on gravel roads so riding out there is fun.:clap
  6. Cow Boy Brad

Cow Boy Brad brad1098

Oddometer:
    I have all the info. available via web.

The spectator guide is pretty good.

I was looking for more info like:

The Springfield mile is great, but the friday night race is awesome. Make sure you see the friday night race. If you go to the mile, sit in the bleachers in corner 1 for the best up-close racing action with less of a crowd.

Damn, now Im excited about Springfield in May!!

Thanks, Fellas
  7. colemanapp

colemanapp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've gone on bike the last 2 years. If you go to the spectator points, parking your car can result in some long walks as there really is no other parking than along the side of the gravel road. Last year they had some concessions stands at the viewing point I went to. Toby also looked over all our bikes for legality. We were good with plated dirt bikes. Looked like this.

[​IMG]
  8. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    You could have a bit of a walk, and parking is on the edge of a road so if it is soft you are in trouble.
    As far as Johnny Lawman around the area, they are cool as all get out as long as you aren't stupid. ADV type riders on dirt bikes bring some money to the area. Don't go roosting across the school yard and you'd be good
  9. Cumminsman76

Cumminsman76 befuddled

Oddometer:
    It's hard to tell you were to go as the course changes.
  10. Cow Boy Brad

Cow Boy Brad brad1098

Oddometer:
    Ill tell you where I really want to go Cumminsman76 :evil

To see your cousin at her bar in Rapid City :eek1

She is gorgeous :freaky

Did I remember that all right from a RR way back ?
  11. modernbeat

modernbeat Jason McDaniel

Oddometer:
    Inmate BCorn competed at this year's 100 Acre Wood rally. This was her first real rally. She competed in an Open Light (no turbo, AWD) Subaru that she built herself on a $6000 budget including suspension and tires. She decimated her class and won both days by a combined total of 15 minutes! She also beat a number of powerful two wheel drive cars (G2 and G5 classes) and most of the production class turbo cars (SP class).

I ran the service crew for her and we had our difficulties, but kept the car running. We received a lot of help from local business like Heavin Motors (alignment) and Mooney and K&H auto parts, but particularly Park Street Tires who put us up for the week and loaned us a garage bay for the entire event to repair and store our car.

Driver Brianne Corn, Codriver Jeremy Rowland.

[​IMG]
  12. Cumminsman76

Cumminsman76 befuddled

Oddometer:
    Cool. Wish I would have known you were coming before hand.
  13. Cow Boy Brad

Cow Boy Brad brad1098

Oddometer:
    I remember seeing them on the line at Potosi.

Where is the team based out of?

I would love to build a car just to race 1-2 rallys a year. Just like you guys. Need any help in races later this year, let me know.
  14. modernbeat

modernbeat Jason McDaniel

Oddometer:
    Brianne is from San Marcos, Texas - just south of Austin. I'm from Dallas.

This car is destined to more than 1-2 events per year. Brianne is chasing the Central Division Open Light class championship and will likely do 4-5 events in this car this year. It may also be at Pikes Peak this year if we can't find a better ride.

I do share an old '63 SAAB with my best friend that only does one event per year. Might do two events in 2012.

[​IMG]
  15. Cow Boy Brad

Cow Boy Brad brad1098

Oddometer:
    Awesome, I have been to San Marcos many times.....

Love the Saab!!

Did you see my 68 Saab in the FM for sale?

Im willing to help out in however possible if you are interested. I want to learn more about rallying before I plunge into a build. I have a shop and an enclosed trailer. One guy at Potosi said, well your 3/4 the way there. :lol3
  16. thechickencow

thechickencow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wish I would've seen this before - I'm a Rally America competitor and have been there a few times racing and could've helped. I wasn't down there this year though.

Hit me up if you have build/rally questions as well. A good rescource is www.specialstage.com, it's much smaller than here but has a lot of info and can give you a lot of help if you're looking to get into the sport. I can say though, BUY YOUR FIRST CAR.
  17. JDMitchell

JDMitchell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Damn! I wish there was some publicity for this, I live less than than 45 minutes from Salem and never heard a word about it. I will definently make it next year.
  18. user440

user440 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to make sure fans of the 100 Acre Wood Rally are aware of the annual regional stage rally that we also run, named the ShowMe Rally. While still stage rally and sanctioned by Rally America, this format is a essentially a smaller and more compact version of 100AW. The main differences are that ShowMe will have roughly 1/3 the competitors and occurs around the Potosi area all in a single day rather than across a Friday/Saturday.

One can not call themselves a motorsport fan until they've witnessed stage rally up close and personal; there is simply nothing like it. Cars traveling near 100MPH on narrow, tree-lined gravel roads with only the guidance of the co-drivers's stage notes.

The 2017 ShowMe rally will be on October 7 and is guaranteed to be a good time. Come check it out to get a taste before 100AW in March.

If anyone needs more information PM me here or look for me co-driving the 0 (single 0) car.

More information: https://www.facebook.com/ShowMeRally/

- Mike
    Dirt2007 likes this.