100 plus or minus loop in Northwestern Illinois

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by Al_E, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Al_E

Al_E Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is a first time attempt at uploading a track. It is the road sections of a dual sport event that was held in North Western Illinois. It is from a Garmin Quest.
    The route is mainly a big loop of gravel and paved roads that were used to hook the offroad sections of the dual sport ride together.
    A few places the gps didn't track but the road can easily be followed and there were a couple of places that the road had to be backtracked on to get to where the offroad trail came out on the roads. These sections can be ignored.

If this is used don't go off the public roads onto the offroad sections,it is ALL private land and the land owners will not be happy.

Any questions or if I need to change something let me know.

Al E
  2. Al_E

Al_E Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here is a screen shot from the GPS of the track, to give an idea of where the event was.
    Al E
  3. klrmtn

klrmtn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's in my neck of the woods, I'm in Byron. I just got an Iway 100m, I'm going to see about loading this. Was the route pretty fun? I'm hoping to get out towards Galena again soon, I'll try to make a route of that trip too. Thanks.
    Jason
  4. Al_E

Al_E Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's a pretty good loop. Plenty of gravel roads connected with some paved roads.
    I live down by Dekalb. So it takes a bit to get out there, but not to bad.

Galena sound good, except a little far on the DRZ.

Al