$1000 brand new semi-trials bike?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by motodojo, May 24, 2019.

1. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    Hmmm... ..."why do I bother"... if your like me its because it makes you laugh!

:photog
    MATTY, Huzband, North ride and 2 others like this.
  2. motodojo

motodojo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I first found out about the bike on Amazon and later learned Orion sells it also. It is listed on Aliexpress in various versions including a dual sport but I never bought from there. On Amazon it is called Shi Pao. I called Amazon yesterday and they said I will get my refund.
    I'm going to keep my eye out for a rolling chassis and install a Daytona Anima 4 valve with a 212cc kit to make it a torque monster!
  3. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Seems the bikes have decent performance with the 125? Ordered one from Orion after speaking with them. Apparently the MSO has motorcycle under the description so it should be taggable.
  4. motodojo

Oddometer:
  5. motobene

motobene Motoing for 49 years Supporter

Oddometer:
    My hat's off to China for their accomplishments.

It is, however, war by economic means.
    slicktop and MATTY like this.
  6. MATTY

MATTY BORDER RAIDER

Oddometer:
    I agree they are churning out budget price products at a price others cant or wont match.
    The market is there and the Chinese meet that need, as long as people want a ten dollar toaster the Chinese will stay in business and prosper.
    The hate mail and early negatives on some Chinese motorcycles, as gradually improved, and some companies at least are turning out a decent machine these days.
    No idea where this little 125 falls on quality, but these angles engines have been around for years and well tried and tested. they gradually increased in capacity throughout the pit bike boom in Europe, and seem robust enough.
    Closest to this engine i have ever had hands on knowledge of is my kids old PY90 clone ours was branded KAWASATI :lol2 no kidding.

If your eyes are bad or glasses are steamed up and you look at the PY90 engine from a half mile away, it resembles a Yamaha 80 slightly similar to the T80 townmate step through. "exellent bikes the T80 i had one once upon a time.
    The angled single py90 engine is auto clutch and four speed in our version. its a good engine first time starter every time, and in fairness i am struggling to find fault with the engine trans or electrics.
    i can only imagine these 125s to be similar in which case you wont be disappointed engine trans wise.
    This FX125 looks to me to be an interesting concept, and although i think this bike will be a compromise as a full on trials machine, i think as a plaything or a bike to just use on an easy route at a little club day out its matter less what you use anything will pass muster if your just wanting to go through the motions.

I think if everybody stops for a moment, looks at this bike for what it is a fun plaything that’s new and unmolested and wont do anything great but it wont fail miserably either. I think keep the title term Dirty bike its suitable and leave the term semi and certainly trials out the equation nobody could grumble its looking from the vids to be a lot of fun for not a lot of money and if you want something new its the only show in town.
    shinyribs, slicktop and Huzband like this.
  7. motodojo

Oddometer:
    Get the dual sport version with an electric start and auto clutch and it would be a modern day Honda Reflex and it could be a common sight to be strapped on the back of an RV like the Reflex was.
    shinyribs, STANIMAL, jonnyc21 and 2 others like this.
  8. sanjoh

Oddometer:
    Don't know why companies recycle product names! Reflex is not the scooter? TLR200?

I'll add my own lighting and keep the kicker for now and attempt to get it registered so I can connect some trails.
  9. 2old2Bbold

2old2Bbold was 2bold2getold

Oddometer:
    I went by there yesterday. Not much to see. They didn't have one in their "showroom " to look at. Said he had one in the crate in the back ??? Asked about plateing .... said the paper work said "motorcycle " on it. Asked if it had a lighting coil and got a blank stare. Asked if they had a wiring diagram....same thing. Not really confidence building. $50 off for not assembled. $50 off for no shipping.
  10. MATTY

MATTY BORDER RAIDER

Oddometer:
    The Py 90 we have here 2003 has no lights but lighting coil and loom connection wires coming out the generator. i have run a tractor light off these wires on a welding clamp off the bars an a couple of occasions. i personally think it will have lighting coils all the china atvs and bikes i have seen have them.
  11. sanjoh

Oddometer:
    Got a shipping notification from Orion for the non-trials fun bike!
  12. 2old2Bbold

Oddometer:
    I agree. The point is the guy in charge at Orion didn't know and had no information. I'd still like to have one just not sure if I want to take a $1000 gamble on a toy I probably can't sell the next day for half that.
    MATTY likes this.
  13. Chadzu

Chadzu Lost In Space

Oddometer:
    bike.jpg

Pitster Pro/ GPX Moto agreed to import a sample for me. Parts kit form with no motor.
    If it checks out and is as fun as I think it will be they may look into adding the bike to their lineup.
    I really hope it feels like a mountain bike. I don't want it to be a trials bike, I don't want it to be an enduro.
    I want it to put a smile on my face and remind me why I started to ride bikes in the first place.
    Bike is on the water now, and I will share how it goes.
    WECSOG, GlennR, Fallacy and 5 others like this.
  14. MATTY

MATTY BORDER RAIDER

Oddometer:
    What motor you planning on using. ?
  15. MATTY

MATTY BORDER RAIDER

Oddometer:
    Everything new is a looser once you own it, but if you pacifically want one of these you got no option at the moment, Or wait for one to filter out down to the used market.
    A grand or 900 if you pick up and assemble , its not a vast amount of money but its still money it all depends how bad you want one of these things. And no body but you has the answer to that. I kind of like having old Chinese crap in the sheds but i don’t think i would buy one of the fx125s nothing wrong with them but i don’t see a need for one in my world that’s all, Don’t rush into it think about it awhile they are not running away sometimes if your not 100% if you wait a little wile you completely go off the idea. sleep on it . More time goes by more feedback here others are doing your hands on research for free. wait and see .
  16. Chadzu

Chadzu Lost In Space

Oddometer:
    It’s up in the air right now. I really want my girls to be able to learn how to ride it. A small semi auto motor would be perfect for them. I think the Daytona 190 would be more fun for me. Pitster Pro has a Daytona waiting for me so that is the likely direction I will head
    mb300 likes this.
  17. 2old2Bbold

Oddometer:
    That's kinda what I'm doing. Not real fond of the 4 speed trans either. I like the general configuration but a little better motor/trans and suspension would be nice. Thinking of building one from scratch.
  18. MATTY

MATTY BORDER RAIDER

Oddometer:
    There are a lot of options out there in pit bike land, just picking what suits your needs.
  19. MATTY

MATTY BORDER RAIDER

Oddometer:
    The semi auto aspect is not ideal and the clutch / semi system i do not know enough about to comment. the suspension is one area i do feel the chinese fail in, both the mini bike py90 clone and the dirt bike 150 have verey poor suspension, quality is dire and durability is not good. i hear they can vary brand to brand but they are not WP or showa or italian quality they are just built to look similar thats about it.
  20. markbxr400

markbxr400 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    slicktop likes this.