10th anniversary Big Woods 200

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by little john, Jul 26, 2010.

1. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good Day All,
    we at the WI Dual Sport Riders are very excited to be putting on the 10th running of the Big Woods 200 in Wonderful Wabeno WI - Dual Sport Capitol of the World - this September 24, 25 ,26! if you have been watching our web site and trying to sign up you probably know we have been going through some changes.Most of them are complete, new picture area and new sign up page. I am told both are working, so if you want to come up to some of the best dual sport riding a a real fun event , please head over to www.widualsportriders.org and get signed up. hope to see many old friends and some new faces soon! little john
  2. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    10 years---christ...you are one OLD dude, LJ.:gerg
  3. rokklym

rokklym one man wolfpack

Oddometer:
    I have only been to the spring rides, might have to hit up the BW200 this year!
  4. foxfire

foxfire YRUYUR?

Oddometer:
    Whats the $ on this event...or do ya just have to be a member.
  5. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
  6. foxfire

foxfire YRUYUR?

Oddometer:
    Yeah, sorry...its probably right in front of my face but I didn't see any fees other than membership.
  7. foxfire

foxfire YRUYUR?

Oddometer:
    Holey ship batman...never mind, I found it! :huh
  8. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Worth every penny. Just ask around.

It is not cheap to put a decent dual sport event together. The Wabeno event expenses can run into 5 digits pretty quickly - and that doesn't even consider all the club members' work, which is all volunteer. A lot of us drive 3.5+ hours each way just to go and cut trail and set things up on the Wabeno work weekends before the event.

And - I bet it would take a while for most riders to list all the friends they've made by attending any of these rides.
  9. foxfire

foxfire YRUYUR?

Oddometer:
    Not complaining, just not in the cards this year...maybe next.
  10. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    I'll bring beer!! :deal

Actually I can't make it this year due to an annual UP party. It sounds kinda pricey, but I think the spring ride was 75, plus I think most of us donated on top of that so it probably works out to be about the same.
  11. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    yea and you have sooo many less gray hairs as well! :lol3

and just to keep it all in perspective the event may have been going on for 10 years now , but I still only act 16!
  12. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    FIXED.
  13. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    I feel I must go. Couldn't of had more fun last year....Ok maybe if I hadn't of ridden my bike up and ridden home dead tired, I woulda been better off, but meh. Now do I go with the olde faithful 175:
    [​IMG]
    or much more fasters 300:
    [​IMG]

Oh the decisions :D
  14. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    looks like you need to bring the mighty 175 because I dont see a plate on the ol' 300!
  15. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    I'm going through all sorts of fun plating that danged 300 (errr I mean, it IS plated :deal :lol3 ) Got the original dealer to fill in the back of the certificate of origin...unfortunately he filled in the wrong portion, so I gotta send it back to him. I also need to get a bill of sale from a dealer that doesn't really exist anymore saying I bought a leftover stock. Then pay 180-200$ in taxes here, and then another 155$ for title\plates. THEN it'll be street legal or something. Or maybe if I put some Kawasaki stickers on it? :lol3

In all reality, it is plated...really...maybe...as plated as much as half them bikes last year. :patch

Andrew
  16. weggieman

weggieman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sending my money this week for BW200 and The Bucky.......
  17. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    Honestly it makes no differance to me weather its plated or not,,( I say this not to you Andrew but anyone looking into doing a dual sport ride) but this is offically a street ride and as the registration / sign up info says your bike needs to be titled and legal in what ever state you keep it. we dont check , but IF you get stopped by the law we didnt say it was OK :huh ( yes thats my CYA) . with the trail we put together I know it would be more fun if we could all run our full off gear as fast as we want to and churn it up. the reality of it is we use public roads and go past homes and cottages where folks want it to be sane and quiet. I'm the last one to point a finger , my 450 has a legal plate, but the tail lights are burnt out as much as not and I've cleaned 3 of the 4 blinkers off twice and am never fast to replace them. the only thing I check before I pull on the road EVERYTIME is to see that I have a working head light. that said if you are running a "questionable" bike at least make it look really legal so you dont get hassled or get the rest of us hassled.
  18. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Yeah, trust me. I would hate more than anything to be "that guy" that screws it up for everyone. The events at the end of september, so I should have it all sorted out by then. Just taking longer than expected. It would be quite the feat though if the 175 made it the entire trip. Might be wise for me to keep the tow strap\spare piston\rings handy though :lol3
  19. ffchick

ffchick FF = firefighter :)

Oddometer:
    :clap very well said :) We did our first R4R this year and it was worth every penny, especially the extra $$ we donated for an excellent cause. We had a blast and I'm amazed at how much fun and how many friends can be made for a mere $110!
  20. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    I dont know if it was ever said but final count for the R4R was $14,437.30! thank you to all that came or supported us in any way to help fund breast and colon cancer research.