10th anniversary Big Woods 200

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by little john, Jul 26, 2010.

1. ffchick

ffchick FF = firefighter :)

Oddometer:
    :freaky so I hope the guy who found the wallet of the other guy who lost it in the big mud puddle won the muddy buddy award last year :rofl
  2. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    heading back up to do more trail work thru the weekend . all the routes need to be ridden, roll charts checked, last minute details finished up. looking forward to seeing everyone in 2 weeks. hopefully we will have pics from the trail this time up.

maybe madwrench could post sone of the video from last one too.
  3. rcniss

rcniss Not that way!!

Oddometer:
    Work weekends are a hoot! This working Saturday's stuff has got to stop or I'll never get back up there for some of Johns great cooking :D

See you all at the Big Woods!! :clap
  4. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    I'm working on it. I'll toss something up soon.
  5. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    well,,, I think we have everything done.:lol3 rode mileage , took some crappy stuff out, added more 2 track, routed around a nasty logging section, located pit fire wood, ordered 225 inch thick ribeyes for dinner sat night, spilled jeeper jims whiskey and told him he drank it all, rode in the rain all day saturday so the event should be dry, broke both the newbies that showed up, sorry guys!

even if its dry till the ride not to worry because there still will be plenty of places to help your riding partners to win a muddy buddy award! looking forward to seeing everyone , registartion closes at midnight tonight! looks like we are FULL!!!

11 days and counting. lj:freaky
  6. rcniss

rcniss Not that way!!

Oddometer:
    A big thanks to all for getting things done :clap

I for one cannot wait for the 10th Big Woods!!
  7. stuckinarut

stuckinarut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone for the hard work getting the Big Woods ready for this years ride. Totally looking forward to it. I still want to participate in some of the work weekends and take advantage of Little J's cooking. Life keeps getting in the way of riding!
    Did anyone GPS the routes? Tracks available?
  8. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    TRACKS____ I need to get them to Cannonshot for publishing , on the list for tonight.

:eek1 you can come, as long as you bring the better half !!

she makes breaking husky parts look soo much more classy than jeeper jim did!:lol3
  9. ribmtrider

ribmtrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not broken-just my thumb is! Still not sure who stuck the log in my front wheel, though. I was going to stay for dinner but I would have been at a huge disadvantage trying to eat with only one hand:lol3 . I have gps tracks from friday and the partial track from sat if you need them. The mud puddles on the two track are spectacular.
    Tim
  10. ffchick

Oddometer:
    :D I do have some mad husky part breaking skills don't I? :evil
  11. stuckinarut

stuckinarut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for doing the gps tracks Little John and Ribmtnrider. Makes the ride a no-brainer (important for me).
    And yes, Kira does a nice job breaking Husky parts. I guess she really does listen to my tips like "if you're not breaking anything, you're not riding fast enough". :muutt
  12. ffchick

Oddometer:
    I must be REALLY freakin' fast then hahahahahaha! At least I have an excellent live-in motorcycle repair man who always willingly cleans up my bike scars, thanks honey!!! :clap
  13. zora

zora the explora

Oddometer:
    I'll be riding my 650 this time, so I'm sure my broken parts will outnumber yours, Kira, 3:1
    :D
  14. Double J

Double J Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks to Little John and the crew for putting this together for the 10th Anniversary! Looking forward to getting the gpx tracks, loading up the bike and gear, and heading north. If anybody is going up early, I'll be at the family's vacation home by Crandon and doing some riding thursday and friday before the BW. Thinking about a 200 mile loop north and east (florence county) on thursday and a shorter loop somewhere on friday. If anybody wants to meet up and tag along, let me know.
  15. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm coming up wed and was going to bird hunt and do final set up ,,, maybe I'llbag that and go ride with you!!!
  16. Double J

Double J Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, Little John! Let me know if ya' want to go -- the thursday ride is actually about 225 for miles - just some easy 2 track and forest roads - I rode it last year so I've got the gps track for it. PM me if you'd like and I'll get my phone number to ya'.

Anybody else want to join in?
  17. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    HOLY CRAP!!! just got the final count 194 entrants:eek1 !
  18. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I thought the limit was 175?:evil So that's 175 riders and 19 workers:D

I plan on getting up later Friday eve. Not sure if klasjm is riding with me or not. He seemed kind of indecisive Tuesday night.

Long range forecast looks way too dry!
  19. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    FREE BIRD!:super

Oops, sorry....just slipped out.

10th Big Woods...woooooo hoooooo!
  20. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    first, the limit was supposed to be 168===100 riders and the 68 originals. last week thursday we were at 132 , monday morning we were at 192. then I got the ,, I thought my wife sent it call and the but all my buddiers are signed up e-mail and the other ones that came in the mail..... which is cool and as Ethel the Enabler says "the more riders the more fun "I get to have pouring drinks"! just dont tell the USFS how many we have!!!

as far as the long term forskin goes,,,,it will take a lot to dry out the last 3 rain events up there that were 1.5 to 2.25" each. so you better pack your best knobbies or be able to fly like that FREEBIRD!.....yea!.:huh

:lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3