10th anniversary Big Woods 200

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by little john, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Brownsvillian

Brownsvillian Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is 47 open north of black earth? yet. I know for the R4R it was closed, and under reconstruction..
  2. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Clicky

Says it is till Oct 29th.
  3. ffchick

ffchick FF = firefighter :)

Oddometer:
    Sooooo, if anyone is by chance selling newer model 200 and/or a 250 trials bike that will be at the Big Woods PM me, we are in the market!
  4. ffchick

Oddometer:
    Nice, thanks! we were just talking about this earlier today.
  5. rcniss

rcniss Not that way!!

Oddometer:
    For you or the man of the house? :D
  6. ffchick

Oddometer:
    both, shaa! but I believe we have found 2 and will soon be trials bike owners :clap
  7. vespadaddy

vespadaddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is anyone from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area interested in sharing a ride to Wabeno this weekend?

If you've got trailer space and a seat, I'll split the fuel bill with you, or we can take my gas guzzling 72 Ford, pulling a my small trailer.

Anyone?
  8. rcniss

rcniss Not that way!!

Oddometer:
    Very Cool!! :clap

Looking forward to seeing you two (and the new bikes!!) at the BW.

Husky's Rule!! :evil :D

Randy
  9. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    @ fondy stay on 151 up to 55.the detours all take you out to 55, I have been taking 160 to Pulaski and 32 north , rather than going west to Bonduel and east and north to cecil and over to 32. just a thought.
  10. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Hey...what the hell?! Those directions are damn near understandable!

What happened to, "Left where Paul's deer stand used to be, then right on Sand Road, which is paved, and past the Smith farm, which is owned by the Jones's, then three times around the sycamore tree, and...."

That's the shit I'm used to hearing from you up in Wabeno, anyway.
  11. snails_pace

snails_pace Slow Poke

Oddometer:
    "Left where Paul's deer stand used to be, then right on Sand Road, which is paved, and past the Smith farm, which is owned by the Jones's, then three times around the sycamore tree, and...."

And this is why it has taken me three years to learn how to get around up there. GPS has helped a bit, but my GPS unit doesn't have the names of the property owners on it. Get with it Garmin!
  12. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    For GPS to be really effective when working with Little John, there would have to be Garmin 'Newton Edition' mapping software, which would have things labeled the way LJ labels them.

As opposed to the way the rest of the world does it.
  13. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:

Except that it will take you up the east side of Winnebago!:evil
  14. stuckinarut

stuckinarut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Little John-I know you're crazy busy and getting ready to leave on Wednesday (tomorrow) but...do you know if the gps tracks are posted somewhere that I haven't discovered them yet? Or, if not, will someone have the tracks on a lap top that can be loaded on to folks gps's once we get there? See ya'll Friday! :thumb
  15. LorenWahl

LorenWahl Getting older

Oddometer:
    1.Northern Marinette CO, WI, 2. Neenah, Wi
    We have a vacation property in Silver Cliff. I ride northern Marinette, eastern Forest, and Florence counties nearly every weekend and so all of that area is familar after several years of riding there. (with my head as the GPS). On Friday 9/24 I will be riding. Join me or invite me to your group. 920.419.5768 Loren
  16. weggieman

weggieman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will be up Thursday evening. Leaving Milwaukee around 3:30.

New sprockets, chain, tires and front brake pads. Everything I need to get into real trouble.......... :)

Looking forward to a great ride!
  17. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I posted the final files last night for people to download in advance.

If you are registered, you should have gotten (or be getting) an e-mail with the combination to use to download them. If not, you can PM me and I'll help you out.

The tracks will also be available for download at the event, but it is much better for everyone to download them and get them into your GPS ahead of time.

By the way, the new Wisconsin background GPS maps from vvmapping are great for this. ATV trails and routes are part of the background map. http://www.vvmapping.com/orvtrailGPSWI.html
  18. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    for those signed up, they have been posted. steve , the guy that has sent the notices and updates from the club he was sending out one final post with that info as soon as cannon shot finished then. to my knowledge that was sunday or yesterday. I'll e-mail steve to see that is has been sent so ican go to bed and leave in the morning. lj
  19. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    whats wrong with that?? been driving it all summer, havent seen a FIB plate yet!
  20. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Steve did send the e-mail with the link tonight. If you are registered for the ride and didn't get the e-mail with the link for the GPS tracks, let us know.

The tracks will also be available up there (bring your own cable), but I don't know if we'll be able to upload to anything other than Garmin units, and I may be hard to find anyway. Best to have them loaded before you go, in any event.