10th anniversary Big Woods 200

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by little john, Jul 26, 2010.

1. rcniss

rcniss Not that way!!

Oddometer:
    Love the addition of the overview maps. Great idea!!

I for one find following a GPS track way more fun than fumbling with a role chart but having both is the best way to go!

Thanks to all who had a hand in providing us with GPS tracks and overview maps! :clap
  2. rcniss

rcniss Not that way!!

Oddometer:
  3. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    There will be an overview map for each day provided to each rider along with each day's roll chart, so if you don't want to print everything yourself you don't have to.

One note on the roll chart vs. GPS thing. I agree - you can (and should!) use both. It doesn't take that much effort to scroll ahead on the chart and just read through the next section, even if you don't need the turn-by-turn info.

There are often notes on the roll chart that really should be read. For example - certain places where you really need to get off the gas and be quiet to keep the club (or you!) from getting in trouble.:huh
  4. rmax

rmax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. Brownsvillian

Brownsvillian Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The weather looks to be a repeat of the R4R.
  6. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    They're calling for 1-2 inches of rain up there today.

Once again - NO DUST!
  7. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    If anyone has a set of rear pads that fit an 05 KTM 450 EXC, could they bring them along? Mine are almost gone and the set I had for spares were for Butterscotch:cry

Used would be fine too.
  8. MMMOTORCYCLE

MMMOTORCYCLE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't own anything orange but I do have a TW200 with like new pads front and rear u are welcome to ride:lol3

Just pulled up weather.com.....this doesn't look good

Flooding Hits the Upper Midwest
    by Chris Dolce, Meteorologist
    The Weather Channel
    Major Flooding in MN & WI
    NWS: Much of Meadow Lakes Golf Course in Rochester, MN is under water. Find this on our interactive map: http://wxch.nl/c866CU #mnwx

A strong frontal system tapping copious amounts of moisture is causing heavy rain and flash flooding in the Midwest.

Locally over 10 inches has fallen in the southern Minnesota Wednesday into Thursday.

Below are the rainfall estimates (click image to view latest 24-hour totals) showing the heaviest rainfall amounts running along a corridor from northwest Iowa to southern Minnesota and central Wisconsin.

Map: See current Midwest radar
    Map: See latest flood and severe storm alerts

24-Hour Rainfall Totals as of 11:05 am CDT Thursday
    (Click image to view most recent 24-hour totals)

The town of Owatonna, Minn., located along I-35 south of Minneapolis, had to evacuate homes along Maple Creek.

How much more rain will fall? Forecast rainfall next 48-hours

Across the border in Arcadia, Wis., the mayor declared a state of emergency with roads in and out of town closed off. Mudslides were reported just to the northwest of Arcadia in Waumandee.� Up to 1500 people of the town's residents have been ordered to evacuate.

In Truman, Minn., some basements were flooded with 4 to 5 feet of water.

There have been numerous reports of flooded/closed roads throughout portions of Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Click on the floating houses on the map below to view significant flood reports. The raindrop icons represent some of the heaviest rainfall totals reported.

Next: When will the heavy rains ease up?

Click & Interact Flood and Heavy Rain Reports

View Flooding Upper Midwest in a larger map

Page 1 of 2Next
    More News Articles
  9. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Well, if there's no challenge, then what's the point, really?

I talked to crew up there this morning, and they said they haven't seen anyone building an ark yet, so no problem.
  10. stuckinarut

stuckinarut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks little john, steve, canonshot and anyone else involved in getting the gps tracks to everyone. Its appreciated!! :clap
  11. BENRON

BENRON Crosscut Certified

Oddometer:
    Ok... Where's the Pics??

:lurk
  12. ffchick

ffchick FF = firefighter :)

Oddometer:
    haven't downloaded them yet but papalobster and stuckinarut are probably ok with that :rofl
  13. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Well, you know, if that pic somehow disappeared, I'd be ok with that.:huh

Great riding yesterday! I was accused of riding too fast for conditions. I didn't land on my head so I figure I was going just fast enough.

The 4fitty died at the gravel pit today. No spark. I swapped the plug out at the fairgrounds, but it still didn't fire.

BTW, Kawboy, onelung, brownsvillian and I emptied 3 bottles of whiskey in 3 different places Sat night. I didn't make it to breakfast.
  14. rokklym

rokklym one man wolfpack

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  15. stuckinarut

stuckinarut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, I'm a light weight. I only emptied one bottle of whiskey, and felt it all the way home on Sunday. What picture???:freaky

We had an awesome time and ride. The hero's were splendid and even the long, deep water sections were petty cool. Thanks to everyone who put on this event, and sorry to everyone whose toes I stepped on or bounced off of Saturday night! My face still hurts from laughing so much:rofl
  16. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    the question should be ,, where was Benron?? I thought you were signed up ???
  17. zora

zora the explora

Oddometer:
    Friday afternoon ride. A bar in WI that still allows smoking inside!

[​IMG]

Rider meeting

[​IMG]

WTF?!?

[​IMG]

Hooray for mud!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The coolest shirt ever!!

[​IMG]

FFchick, Tommy, vodka and a meatbag....

[​IMG]

Saturday night bowling is our new BW200 tradition and MidwestSpeedster takes it very seriously!

[​IMG]

Ummmmm....??????

[​IMG]
  18. rmax

rmax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another Great BW200 weekend. The fall colors were brilliant, the sun came out for the weekend after a couple of days of rain (kept the dust down), and the food was delectable. I’m told that Saturday’s route, with hero sections, totaled around 140 miles.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I chose to ride with BMW GS guys on Saturday. I have a lot respect for these guys lugging 500lb. bikes through the woods. Due to wet conditions and tire selections, not all of them had knobby tires, Little John led the group with a custom route. It made for a relaxing ride. I left the group at the afternoon gas stop and spent the rest of the day looking for mud, It didn&#8217;t take long to find it.
    <o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It turns out the &#8220;waterproof&#8221; label on my boots meant that when water gets in, it stays in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    where the hell was that water cross? was it in the route? seriously I dont reconize the spot!
  20. rmax

rmax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was on Sunday's route. I don't recall the road but it was between resets 5 and 6. There was a dip towards the the end for 20 feet in length where the water got to about 2 1/2 feet deep. The photo was taken in while I was still at the shallow end.