10th annual Bennington Triumph Bash, Bennington, VT, June 2-4, 2017

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by markbvt, Apr 7, 2017.

1. markbvt

markbvt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Georgia, Vermont (that's one town, not two states)
    Hey everyone. It's that time of year again -- the Bennington Triumph Bash is fast approaching. If you've never come, you should check it out. It's an informal, low-key, but very successful rally for Triumph enthusiasts. This is our tenth year -- it's hard to believe it's been going that long already! It's been a lot of fun every year, which is why we keep doing it.

We get Triumph riders (and those who simply like Triumphs) from all over the Northeast, of course, but we also get people riding in from much farther away -- as far south as Alabama, as far west as Washington State, we've even had a few international riders who joined us as part of a long North American tour.

It's a fun event because of the people who attend. It's a great crowd. And as far as bikes go, it's a good mix of styles -- lots of Tigers, lots of Bonnies/Thruxtons/Scramblers, plenty of Speed/Street Triples, a few Daytonas, and a growing Thunderbird contingent.

There's a BBQ at the Paradise Inn on Friday night ($21) and a Saturday dinner at the Mt Anthony Country Club ($32.50), both of which require registration in advance so we can give accurate head counts to the vendors, plus a few organized rides on Saturday. But overall it's a pretty freeform rally with no set location, and no cost apart from the dinners. A lot of people stay at the Paradise Inn; others stay elsewhere in town. And there's always a good-sized contingent of people camping at Greenwood Lodge and Campsites a few miles outside of town. See our website for more detailed information.

Join us in Bennington, Vermont, the weekend after Memorial Day!

More info here:
    http://www.armchaircommando.org/bennington/

--mark
  2. matts1050

matts1050 V Twin Guy-Just Turned 90 Degrees

Oddometer:
    It's a great time! I haven't missed one yet-I don't even own a Triumph anymore! Don't forget to sign up for the Friday night BBQ in the Paradise parking lot and Saturday night dinner. There should be rooms still available at the Paradise. Go to the above website in Marks post to get details.
  3. Duckworth

Duckworth Taking the high road

Oddometer:
    I haven't been, but a lot of my local riding acquaintances go regularly. I should get off my ass and come up there.
  4. matts1050

matts1050 V Twin Guy-Just Turned 90 Degrees

Oddometer:
    Running out of time to sign up for the Friday & Saturday dinners. The Bash is only a few weeks away!
  5. PixxMann2

PixxMann2 Lurker gone legit

Oddometer:
    I'm in, and my younger son will also be attending his first Bash. Always a great time!
  6. markbvt

markbvt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Georgia, Vermont (that's one town, not two states)
    Registration for the Friday BBQ and Saturday dinner closes at the end of this week; go to the link I posted at the top of this thread and click on the Dinner page for more info. Unfortunately we won't be able to accommodate walk-ins.

Please note that because the Friday BBQ and Saturday dinner are being served by different vendors, the registrations are independent of each other. If you're coming to the Bash and haven't registered yet, don't delay!

--mark