11,000 SQ FT motorcycle museum in St. Louis

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by backdrifter, Jan 6, 2006.

1. backdrifter

backdrifter Wannabe rider

Oddometer:
    On the front page of secion C (the business section) of the St. Louis Post Dispatch:

3441 Olive is being renovated into an 11,000 square foot motorcycle museum on the first floor, and four lofts on the second floor.

Not sure what will all be there, but the picture in the paper shows some nice bikes. I'm excited, St. Louis could use a motorcycle museum.

3441 Olive is literally a few blocks from where I work, and I rode my motorcycle in today, so I'm going to ride over there and check it out at lunch. I'll post back with any details or further info I get.
  2. yard dog

yard dog cheap but not free

Oddometer:
    :lurk Thanks!
  3. backdrifter

Oddometer:
    No problem! Nice to see another St. Louisan (although I'm technically in Illinois). I'm always looking for someone to ride with...
  4. backdrifter

Oddometer:
    Update:

I checked it out at lunch. Unfortunately, the windows of the building are high off the ground - up over my head. I did jump up, grap onto the ledge and pull myself up to look through though. It looks like it's pretty well set up. I didn't count, but I'd guess at least 15 motorcycles were already in there, probably more. I didn't want to get questioned for hanging off of a window ledge, so I didn't get to see much. But, it could be promising...
  5. chain

chain All Good Supporter

Oddometer:

pics:deal
  6. backdrifter

Oddometer:
    That's a tough request!
  7. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer: