113 mile loop around Trinity Lake and Lewiston Lake

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by Shastarider, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Shastarider

Shastarider Head and Eyes

Oddometer:
    C74D6939-56B7-404F-AE47-B652F06D37C8.jpeg Getting in as much as possible before the snow shuts it all down.

Nice loop around Trinity Lake and Lewiston Lake. The route starts and ends on Hwy 299 at the turn off for French Gulch. The route is mostly paved. The route along the east of Trinity Lake becomes good dirt road for about 15 miles.

This route will bring you to Alpin Cellars Winery which produces some great German style wine. Gas can be had 24 hours in Trinity Center. The pavement on Hwy 3 south of Trinity Center is top shelf.

From Hwy 3 the route will take you along Trinity Dam Blvd. Awesome twisty road into the town of Lewiston. In Lewiston the route will take you e/b on Lewiston Turnpike up to Hoadley Peak Road. This section is all dirt road before spilling back out to Hwy 299. From there e/b to the start point.

113 miles loop give or take and 3-4 hours. Any bike can do it so long as the rider does not mind getting dirty. The last section of dirt road can be avoided by simply heading south from Lewiston to Hwy 299

Used my Uly today but would not hesitate using my Road King either. Then again the Road King has been on Black Bear Pass:). Have fun. Gets remote so don’t do anything intentionally dump:)

Attached Files:

2. Bmframe

Bmframe n00b

Oddometer:
    The ride looks amazing. Ill be in the area heading north from the 299. If you were to only pick one side which would you recommend? East or west?
  3. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter --Crazy MoFo-- Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like the East due to it being more remote and backroad. The West side is a great road for shredding as the OP noted the pavement is killer.
  4. Shastarider

Shastarider Head and Eyes

Oddometer:
    Spot on
  5. acevan

acevan n00b

Oddometer:
    Will be riding through here in a week. Part of my coastal run camping and riding two up on my v strom. Gonna see about this dirt track side of the lake :)