11th Annual Pa Spring Adventure Ride, Sat April 13th, 2019

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by racer43, Feb 3, 2019.

1. racer43

racer43 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well here we are, February 2019, and I'm finally posting a thread for this year's edition of the Spring Adventure Ride. With all the talk about a Polar Vortex, ice and snow, and the seeminly never ending rain, we are all wishing for an early Spring, just like that rodent from Punxsutawney has promised.

Mike and I have another good route planned. It will include; great roads in the form of asphalt, dirt and gravel, some optional trails for anyone that has off road experience, a couple of play areas along the way, plus a nice overlook or two as well. As always, we know that you will all supply the friends, laughs, and good times, which is really what these rides are all about!

We will be meeting in the parking lot of the Sheetz at Halifax Pa, at the intersection of routes PA225 and PA147. Please arrive early enough to get gas, load your roll chart, and hang out and get reacquainted. Like always we will have a brief riders meeting, and then get under way by 0915.

This year we ask that everyone please sign up on the IN list, so that we have enough roll charts printed out for everyone that needs one. If you want a roll chart, please show up on the 13th to ride the event.

Also, we would appreciate that everyone understands that we work hard on our routes and roll charts, and are protective of them. We would like to keep our route in the form of a roll chart ride, which is shared with you all on the day of the event. Because of that, we ask that the GPS tracks are not posted up on facebook, or shared on here, or any other open forums for the world to see. In the past we have had people trying to be helpful, and posted up our routes, but we would like to avoid that sort of thing this year. Thanks in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

The ride this year is a loop, and ends back at the Sheetz at Halifax. We hope to see a bunch of you come out and enjoy the day with us again. Any questions? Please fire away!

Date:............ Saturday April 13th, 2019

Start:............ Sheetz, 3586 Peters Mtn Rd, Halifax, Pa 17032
    GPS: 40.4475-76.9314

Time:............ Riders meeting 9:00, Kick stands up 9:15
    Mileage:........ 180 miles

Terrain:......... Asphalt, gravel, dirt, Mtn. passes, rocks, water and mud. (you know. all the good stuff)

Type %:......... About 63% asphalt, and 37% other

Route:........... Loop from Halifax, up through Shamokin for lunch, and then back down to Halifax

Finish:........... Sheetz, 3586 Peters Mtn Rd, Halifax, Pa 17032
    GPS: 40.4475-76.9314

Length:.......... About 6-8 hours

We will have three optional trails, which means that everyone will have a choice at those sections to either stay on the main route, or take a more adventurous optional route. These areas will be explained at the riders meeting, and will be clearly marked on the roll chart.

Lunch will be at the fast food joint of your choice in Shamokin, Pa ..... Pizza Hut, McDonald's, Burger King or any other place you may know of in town. It's your choice.

You can expect some great fun and twisty asphalt, sprinkled with some rocky Mtn. passes, groomed gravel roads, not so groomed gravel and dirt roads, rocky roads, great scenery, awesome views, and some opional challenges for those who want them.

All in all it should be a great day on the bikes with friends, and Mike and I are both looking forward to sharing the day with you all.

Thanks for all of the support.
    Frank

IN

dollar99, Matt_Mc, 2Strokecylce, eddie bolted, Doc.C, stbob, KLeptoLee, SloRonStinkypants, Billr650, mrxinpa, wmfleet2, RickB1975, bstransky, Edintheclouds, Lucas71, ryder1, ADVwanaB, Tammy, Elen, Bang42, moto joe, Toofat2fly, motoglenn, 03WrxRob, Tall man, jdunay, tjzondrz, Jerm21, Paebr332, StanBo, Sno Dawg, Arkitkt, DAKRIDER, BRO, Madscrapper85, tedbmw, Davebusa, mslow, N3YMY, Irons636, mod squad +1, NJDualsporter, jvrohrer, rippenandtearin, Dr. Beat, Mr.Z, docgonzo, pahusky, t1hybrid, SuperChuck, TuscaroraSF, dstutz, StannisBaratheon, NJ-BILL, Louatlvc, Green Giant +3, jim.taylor.3rd, CafeConvert, EastCoastAndrew, AdventureRides, tpnickles, IronButt 85, bwkimmell, elmo_4_vt, tom c +1, J Banning, Van128, Barrens, dms39d, 2WkldZEN, Fire44, AMMO CAN GS, Kevin, Steve, Steel Stallion, Twnspin, TrailRoad, Leitz, Julie, Brad+1, Ken Hooligan, ridingdutchman, Clayton Morris, ansoncr, Brad S, Dave A, Don H +2, jms78, deacon51, FDSR_MIKE, TJD, ddavidv, maloryll, K75STER +1, Pa.Hangard +2, mda185 +2, MannyDirtrider +1, tunp, GRMFR, alwaysanadv, pa_rider, parrishbrown, Barrys100!, Scottmblack83, S’more dirt,
  2. Matt_Mc

Matt_Mc Long timer

Oddometer:
    In

Dammit !
  3. racer43

racer43 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bob must have been asleep at the switch this year! Nice job Carl.
  4. 2Strokecylce

2Strokecylce Not from around these parts

Oddometer:
    In
  5. eddie bolted

eddie bolted BOING!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    In
  6. Matt_Mc

Matt_Mc Long timer

Oddometer:
    He's been hitting refresh for the last hour and has instant notifications on for the other thread. :lol3
  7. racer43

racer43 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just noticed that your screen name is misspelled, unless that's a Canuck thing? haha
    2Strokecylce likes this.
  8. racer43

racer43 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :photogNow that is some funny chit!
  9. Doc.C

Doc.C Long timer

Oddometer:
    In! In! Best event of the year!
  10. 2Strokecylce

Oddometer:
    You are the first one to notice i can't spell
    NEPA 450x and eddie bolted like this.
  11. racer43

racer43 Long timer

Oddometer:
    engineer_misspelling_mugs.jpg
  12. 2Strokecylce

Oddometer:
  13. jdub

jdub Dawg bytes reel gud Supporter

Oddometer:
    I knew this would happen! I have to miss this fantastic ride again this year as I'm not getting back from a trip to TX until the following day.

Have a great ride everyone!
    racer43 likes this.
  14. KLeptoLee

KLeptoLee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im in!
  15. SloRonStinkypants

SloRonStinkypants Without nipples Tits are pointless.

Oddometer:
    In
  16. Billr650

Billr650 n00b

Oddometer:
    In
  17. mrxinpa

mrxinpa Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer:
    NEPA Right at Base of Blue Mountain Ski Area .5 mi
    In. Not doing Loretta Lynn’s this year!
    racer43 likes this.
  18. wmfleet2

wmfleet2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    in ,,, camping ,,, cabin ?????
  19. Irons636

Irons636 Rubber ducky.

Oddometer:
    In!!!
  20. RickB1975

RickB1975 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m in. I may be living in NC by then but I should be able to make the trip back for this event.
    Doc.C, wmfleet2 and racer43 like this.