'12 F800GS Trophy Center Stand

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Brown Town, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Brown Town

Brown Town Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if the Trophy is supposed to come with a center stand or is this strictly a dealer option?

Sorry in advance if I say or do something stupid... I'm new here.
  2. Ride-a-lot

Ride-a-lot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe the centerstand is still just an option. I think they have redesigned the centerstand now, but the original one was aweful. Stuck outside the swingarm and looked stupid. It also dragged when cornering aggressively. I sold the BMW centerstand and replaced it with the much better and CHEAPER SW-Motech centerstand.
  3. Brown Town

Oddometer:
    Thanks, have you tried the Motech off-road? I've read complaints of it being too "pointy" but it seems like it would be easy to find something to shove under it if you were in really soft stuff.
  4. kurt1305

kurt1305 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It was an option on mine. I wish I had bought the SW Motech stand as the ram horn style is hard to operate because the step is under the left side passenger peg.
  5. spotcom

spotcom Watch This Space

Oddometer:
    Just bought a Trophy and picked it up last week. I can confirm that it came standard with a centre stand, aluminium bash plate, hand guards, heated grips and ABS.

Unless there's a difference between the Aussie spec Trophy and the North American spec Trophy?
  6. Dano7619

Dano7619 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine came with that equipment at no charge. Plus the heated grips and ABS too. Told by the dealer it was standard on the Trophy.
  7. beeper

beeper Badger tickler

Oddometer:

Yup. :D
  8. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    It could also be a "change" BMW did to the options along the way. You will find BMW does not incorporate changes at the model year beginning/End, they do it when they feel like it anytime during the year.
  9. murdock84

murdock84 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine came with it at no charge. I have seen some pictures though with out that were new in the showroom.
  10. EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG Lost on purpose.

Oddometer:
    I picked mine up a week ago, no center stand. Not a big deal to me, since I wanted to install an aftermarket one.
  11. Brown Town

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmmmmmm, seems random. I picked mine up from the dealer and it didn't have one... just wanted to make sure they were on the up and up. Thanks everyone!
  12. EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG Lost on purpose.

Oddometer:
    Exactly. I believe it's a dealer ordered spec. For example, when I purchased my TROPHY there was a nearly identical one in the showroom. The only difference was the other one had a clear wind screen, mine has the smoked OEM wind screen. The salesman mentioned that they were ordered that way. I'm sure if they spec'd a center stand they'd show up with them.
  13. Angryrican

Angryrican Beer lover

Oddometer:
    When I was looking at them last November the only "extras" over the stock bike were the Trophy Paint scheme, rallye colored seat, hand guards and bash plate here in the US at $400ish premium if I recall correctly
  14. rob30

rob30 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had put money down on mine before it was made. It came as a standard Trophy. No center stand, and no smoked colored windshield. It was ordered in early march or April of this year. Picked it up on June 23 this year...