'12 Multistrada - Tail Tidy with Bags?

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by FishrCutB8, Jun 29, 2017.

1. FishrCutB8

FishrCutB8 Toughen up | Don't be stupid

Oddometer:
    The Green Between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
    I am wondering if anyone has done a tail tidy that works for when you are using the OEM luggage. I have seen several iterations, but they seem to get dinged up by the bags. Also, I have a Termi exhaust that seems to point right at the "stalk" of the signal, so something that raises it up and out of the way is a must.

I'm interested to know what you've done that is successful. Thoughts, ideas, and especially pics and links appreciated.
  2. oalvarez

oalvarez Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer:
    Yes. The Ducati oem (carbon) one should. Do a google search on a Rizoma tidy as well, their parts seem to work well on Ducati bikes.
    Tripped1 and FishrCutB8 like this.
  3. FishrCutB8

FishrCutB8 Toughen up | Don't be stupid

Oddometer:
    The Green Between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
    Thanks - Rizoma seems to have some nice looking solutions.
    oalvarez likes this.
  4. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    '12 owner here with the Ducati Performance carbon piece that @oalvarez

It works great, no issue with the full Termi system and the bags. If you can find one.
    oalvarez likes this.
  5. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Mine the Ducati tail tidy and Rizoma signals.

No issues with bag clearance.

......it WILL fill the release on your top case with crap though, so it can be fun to get the key back after a long ride in the rain.
  6. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Actually I take that back. When I looked I a Rizzoma tail tidy.
  7. NMEXPAT

NMEXPAT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 2010 MTS with a termi.

I can't remember which tail tidy I bought long ago. However I do remember that if I put the turn signals in the tail tidy locations, they would clash with the bags or the top case brackets. I made some brackets out of thin aluminum plate, that basically relocated the turn signals down and towards the rear. If you mount your bags on to your bike, you'll see the turn signal cutouts. Just measure from there up to the tail tidy location, and make some brackets. I rattle can painted mine black. I also seem to remember that the top case brackets clash with the off the shelf turn signal relocator brackets.

Here's two crappy cell phone pictures. If you look closely you can see the home made brackets. 5 minutes with some tin shears and you're all set. Takes longer for the paint to dry.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. Dirtybirdxx

Dirtybirdxx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just out of curiosity what brand bark busters are you running they seem to go around everything better than the ones I've seen