1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

1200 Scrambler Luggage

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by Black Rhino, Jan 26, 2020.

1. sidestand

sidestand bristol, uk.

Oddometer:
    After thinking about ordering the triumph or sw motech bag I went for the sw motech as I liked the solid mounting bracket and neat small finish to it . The bag is smaller than the triumph one ( I have the larger of the two bags ) but suits my needs on short travels . I can choose between my 30& 60 Ltr roll bags that can go across the rear seat and when I extend the rear rack that will be for my tent etc on larger journeys .

Attached Files:

SW-MOTECH NA and naterizzle like this.
  2. naterizzle

naterizzle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks great, but it definitely is quite a bit smaller. Have you had to test out the waterproofing yet?
  3. sidestand

sidestand bristol, uk.

Oddometer:
    No issues letting in water with the British down pours as yet + it comes with an inner dry bag . Good thing with sw motech is that they use the same bracket fixing for there side bags so you could upgrade to a different larger bag and just buy the bracket ? The sysbag is 15ltr .

Attached Files:

SW-MOTECH NA likes this.
  4. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Metal Mule Ltd (UK) have put photos of their 2 pannier frame set up on Facebook............
  5. rc51owner

rc51owner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would be nice if they updated their website! You know for us anti social types.

I am still waiting for Hepco Becker to be able to ship to Canada...

Cheers,

M
  6. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Adventurer

Oddometer:
    conrado likes this.
  7. frytown

frytown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good god - why are Moto brand/retail sites so terrible? Metal Mule is the first to market with a proper two sided rack for this bike and they have one, tiny, shitty picture on the site, take from a useless angle. I can imagine these small companies internally complain about the struggle - but they don't actually know how to SELL their products. Good grief!
    franklyspeaking likes this.
  8. franklyspeaking

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here are some more pics
    old1959 and WIDGIN like this.
  9. frytown

frytown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks! They look fantastic - too bad I've already ordered the H&B single sided one - should be here any day. Dangit.

(First time I've seen an XE without hand guards - looks good!)
  10. franklyspeaking

Oddometer:
    Return it!
  11. rc51owner

Oddometer:
    Or flog it to another inmate...

Cheers,

M
  12. naterizzle

naterizzle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So far I have ordered the Triumph Rugged Rack and Pannier, as well as the SW-Motech SLC with 2 bag options. What has arrived in time for my trip this week? The Triumph rack and one SW bag.... (insert face palm). I was going to return the Triumph gear and only keep the SWM setup, but now I may mount the Triumph rack and finagle an old backpack onto it for this trip. Worst case I can sell the Triumph rack (at a minor loss) down the line.
  13. WIDGIN

WIDGIN When In Doubt, Gas It Now

Oddometer:
    Those Metal Mule racks look great. I'm tempted to buy a set for future use even though I'm pretty good for weekend trips with my Saddleman 1300 tailbag, Triumph Pannier bag, and Triumph 40L Drybag. I just need to find a good plastic tool tube that fits properly inside the Triumph Pannier Rack.
  14. morkys

morkys Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have to say the Iron and Resin bags are nice but they are advertised as having 30L capacity which must be for a pair. I bought a pair and was hoping to do away with the Triumph side bag but that is not going to happen. I stuffed the Iron and Resin bag full and then took what was inside and stuffed the Triumph 25L side bag and barely got near 2/3 full. My best guess is each Iron and Resin bag is 14-15L max. They are advertised and sold individually.
  15. frytown

frytown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So got my Hepco & Becker left side rack mounted up the other day and then got my new Caribou Cases just after that.

The rack went on pretty easily, and the CC / Pelican 35L set up is bomber. Need to find longer rear rack ring clips for the new box as it stands a little prouder off the plate than the old worn out box did. Stoked on the kit. Can't feel the 'lopsidedness' of it at all even with 25lbs in the left box. Pics are without the top box installed - will share once I've got new clips and can attach it properly.

IMG_1172.jpeg

IMG_1173.jpeg

IMG_1175.jpeg

IMG_1174.jpeg
    rc51owner and conrado like this.
  16. frytown

frytown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A couple more now with the top box more or less sorted.

IMG_1184.jpeg

IMG_1183.jpeg
  17. franklyspeaking

Oddometer:
    That looks highly functional.

@frytown What base plate is that for the top box?
  18. rc51owner

Oddometer:
    Grrrr! Still waiting on Hepco Becker Germany to be allowed to ship to Canada so that I can order the side pannier rack. They will ship to most places including the US but not Canada because of "restrictions".

By the time I will be able to order it I would have replaced the bike (hope my wife doesn't read this site). :-)

Cheers,

M
  19. frytown

frytown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's the top box plate made by Caribou that I originally used on my 800 Roadie, then my 800XC, then my AT, then my UGS, and now the XE. It's been around! I had to bolt the new top box to it though, as the old twist clips don't work on the newer Pelican boxes. But my bolts have knobs on them on the inside of the box, so it's almost quick release.

Honestly, the Triumph rear rack that the plate is mounted to isn't very stiff and it causes a fair bit of wobble with the box on there. Not dangerously so, but a little goofy.
  20. conrado

conrado Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Functional is the right word. But somehow I think there is a conflict with the look of the bike.

edit: nothing wrong with that, of course
    twinrider and RockyDS like this.