1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

1200 Scrambler Luggage

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by Black Rhino, Jan 26, 2020.

1. shaner1100gs

shaner1100gs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Moto Machine ships to Canada but they don't have it in stock. https://www.motomachines.com/shipping-delivery
    https://www.motomachines.com/hepco-becker-one-sided-side-carrier-triumph-scrambler-1200
  2. frytown

frytown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought mine from MM - it was backordered and I just talked with them about delivery. Took about two weeks - no biggie.
    MotoMachines likes this.
  3. rc51owner

rc51owner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    At a significant cost compared to Hepco Becker Germany. As a Canadian we get gouged on price (can't complain about the exchange rate - it is what it is) and shipping charges. Why does it cost twice as much to ship from the states compared to from Germany?

Cheers,

M
  4. frytown

frytown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's because the US is on a distributor model - meaning both the brand and the distributor want to take their cut (30 points or so), so you're looking at product that will cost 10 -30% more than home turf. Most of these companies are so small, the only way to get global distribution is through a distributor. Hiring local staff, setting up a 3PL, blah, blah, just isn't worth it. Happens in every industry, sad to say.
  5. BC_Rob

BC_Rob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone using the Triumph Rugged Tank Bag? Love to hear your thoughts.

Rob
  6. naterizzle

naterizzle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I ordered it when I bought my bike several weeks ago but it was back ordered. I’m thinking I may just return it and order a magnet version. Apparently the Triumph one requires removing the tank to install, and I’m not going to want to leave it on all the time and want it to be easy to take on and off.
  7. BC_Rob

BC_Rob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fair enough. I’ve only owned magnetic versions before so I will most likely do the same.
  8. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @naterizzle @BC_Rob

I have the Rugged Tank Bag and you don't need to remove the tank. Just the seat to install the quick release hardware. It's easy on and off, weather proof and very roomy. The only downside is the fabric shows dirt real easy like the pannier. Other than that I love it.
    naterizzle and rc51owner like this.
  9. BC_Rob

BC_Rob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cool. Thanks!
  10. naterizzle

naterizzle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My SW-Motech gear finally all arrived, so I removed the Triumph pannier mount, installed the SWM one, and am definitely going to stick with the SWM bag(s). Yes, plural! I ordered the Legends bag as well as the Urban bag. Was planning to use the Legends bag most of the time and the Urban bag for trips where I wanted the extra security and quick access via zipper. Here are some photos of the results for anybody interested.

Attached Files:

11. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the Legend bag on my Street Scrambler. I actually like the look of the Urban bag on there. Looks like I’m selling mine but if something happens that it doesn’t go, I may grab one of those.
  12. SW-MOTECH NA

SW-MOTECH NA Proudly distributed by Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    Woah! Those look great--my personal favorite being the Legend Bag, but that rack makes a huge difference also. Awesome to see all of that looking so good.
    Enjoy!
    The Red Bull Team of SW Motech NA
    Proudly distributed by Twisted Throttle
    naterizzle likes this.
  13. GR8SKP

GR8SKP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mosko Moto Scout 25 Pannier

So I have the Triumph pannier rack and bag, but I’m no fan of the bag itself. I needed some way to attach tools to the bike without them bouncing around inside an empty hard case or bottom of a bag and I wanted the option of being able to carry as well. After many browser hours I decided to try the Mosko Moto Scout 25. This is sold as a set but Mosko was kind enough to sell me one side. It’s so nice dealing with a company passionate about their business, willing to help out a customer. I highly doubt other companies would be so accommodating.

I won’t get into how the system works, Pete from Mosko has put out some great vids on YouTube showing install and functions. I’ll just show how I made it work on the Triumph rack.

I positioned the plate to utilize as many of the racks’s mounting holes while still being at a good angle and height which ended up as three of the four bolt locations of the rack. The bottom right mounting hole of the rack ended up in the bend of the plate so I put one of the Mosko mounting pucks to use. The bottom left ended up in a cut-out on the plate but is positioned such that a good portion of the plate catches the mount. I’ve used a stainless washer here to snug the plate up to the mount. All bolts have blue locktight for peace of mind.

IMG_6913.jpg
    IMG_6914.jpg

Next was the molle panel install. The molle panel and any molle attachments are options outside of the Scout 25 Pannier kit. I forgot to take pics of this stage but it’s very straight forward. Two cutouts at the top of the plate and one at bottom middle are where the molle panel clips attach. Without the molle panel and accessories, we have just the plate and the beavertail.

This is the finished installation:

IMG_6919.jpg

IMG_6923.jpg

So on the molle panel I’ve mounted a 4L and 2L bag. These hold a Snapjack, air pump, plug kit, straps, and a light weight 20L drybag.

On the back side, I have strapped the Mosko 4L drybag which holds my tool bag.

IMG_6924.jpg

For security I’m using 2 Steelcore straps that – by chance I’m sure – just happen to fit inside the top plate cutouts and run through the slots at the bottom of the plate where the beavertail is mounted. Mint...each strap falls directly over the top of each bag.

61561836840__D8E89B4A-3BA1-4A94-9A30-42AAEB445CCC.jpg
    61561838787__BD90C647-4D24-42F4-9D0B-20FF1EA8B2B9.jpg

I think I’ll be happy enough with this set up but I am aware that the Triumph rack may not survive a left side tip over. We’ll see. I did give it a good push pull before ordering all the Mosko goods and I’m confident in its strength for my purposes otherwise.
    rc51owner and LouGubrius like this.
  14. LouGubrius

LouGubrius Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @GR8SKP fantastic write up. Could we get a shot of the panel with just the molle board? I had never considered anything like that and I'l love to take a look.
  15. GR8SKP

GR8SKP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’d have to remove my bags from the molle panel but here’s a pic from Mosko’s site. Same setup except the plates are now anodized silver, not blue.

IMG_6933.png
    LouGubrius likes this.
  16. LouGubrius

LouGubrius Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I feel like I've been all over their site but I certainly missed that delightfully basic bit of kit. After literally dragging my bike through mud ON the triumph pannier, I can say the bag is pretty tough. But I wish I had a dry bag strapped there instead.

GR8SKP likes this.
  17. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ve been wondering about using the Mosko bag myself. Glad to see someone try it. I ended up deciding not to sell my 900 so I may have to take a look at that option.
    GR8SKP likes this.
  18. Shoeshear

Shoeshear Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys. Wondering if anyone has been looking/ordered/used the metal mule rack. They're up for preorder and was planning on getting them and combining them with MoskoMoto's soft luggage. The hope is to be able to do relatively short two-up tours with my SO. I have sent a ping to both MoskoMoto and MetalMule, and will post up what I hear in response, but I was just curious if anyone else has experience with this.
  19. lanslide

lanslide Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I emailed Metal Mule about a month ago and they responded and said they would be shipping within a couple of weeks. Then I emailed back and asked it they had checked the compatibility with the Hebco Becker or Triumph rear racks and they had not checked. I notice that website says " Can be fitted with or without Metal Mule rear top box rack".

As far as I can tell they are still not shipping. I have sent a couple more emails about placing an order in the last week but I have not gotten a response.

In post #38 of this thread Franklyspeaking, ordered two sided racks form a company in Costa Rica called Akurat, no website but ordered though Facebook. I don't have a Facebook account.

Kevin

20. Shoeshear

Shoeshear Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did get a response from them since posting. The preorders are sold out and more in production. The racks are being produced, but no preorders are allowed yet. I talked to Mosko Moto as well to see if their bags may fit with the metal mule racks. Most likely a tight fit, but never been tried before. I'll probably end up holding out for metal mule and sort it from there, unless someone else starts making racks/panniers that are bilateral.