1200GS Injectors in the 1100GS and 1150GS... Vrooom!

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by RFK, Oct 17, 2016.

1. blues_bleu

blues_bleu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi, yes, I got my set from the Germans . There is an additional adaptor that I need to purchase in order to fit the R1150GSA. The set I got was mean for my old R1100GS. Anyway. I have manage to sell off to another inmate who have the r1100. So no need extra trouble to get addition adaptor .
  2. Wandergives

Wandergives Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry, was a bit harsh. Were they marked one and two? Did yours come with a report? Someone could’ve screwed up over there. Did you contact them?
  3. RFK

RFK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, mine came with a report. I questioned it after I saw the injectors were not opened. But if you guys think yours were opened and tested, I could be wrong. They do state they are matched on the site.
  4. blues_bleu

blues_bleu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe there is a website selling used and new. So it depend on how much are you willing to spend on it! Maybe the used one come with report to indicate the condition of the injector.
  5. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    I ordered the NEW, and they came with the test flow data charts too. ( I do not recall the boxes being sealed or not.. ive slept too many times since then)

it WOULD be easy to randomly send injectors out with fake test data, and just call them "matched" but that would be pretty unscrupulous.

It is one of those things, without paying and taking them to a different place to test and get data, you simply have to trust someone.
    darklight79 likes this.
  6. Rockman

Rockman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just did this upgrade on my 96 1100gs. Matched injectors from Tills, about 1/2 hr to fit. No more surging and runs smoother. Best ~$A200 i've spent on it.
  7. Jack90210

Jack90210 quia ego nominor leo

Oddometer:
    Received mine today; they're going in a '95 R1100GS with 85k miles. I've also got an '06 R1200RT in the garage, and going back and forth between the bikes always makes the GS feel as if the fueling is crude and "clunky." (Both bikes have an IICE Air module, with no other fueling mods.)
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  8. walkingbear

walkingbear Lets Play Chicken! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Made a big difference in my Rockster. Acceleration was so much faster
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  9. Yellow Dog

Yellow Dog Wanderer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Same with my 1100gs. Caused my mpg to go down quite a bit though.
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  10. walkingbear

walkingbear Lets Play Chicken! Supporter

Oddometer:
    that is because you become throttle happy!
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  11. Rockman

Rockman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My fuel consumption went up a bit too. Now getting 18 km/l. I can live with that. I have since balanced the throttle bodies which may help, but as we arent allowed out of our cells at the moment I cant test.
    OutlawJohn, rg sw wa. and C.Hensley like this.
  12. Yellow Dog

Oddometer:
    You’re not kidding! I wring the snot out of her now
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  13. Jshbrwr

Jshbrwr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Almost about to bite the bullet on this one. The Tills.de site has them for $125 plus $12 shipping....my 96 GS is sooo surgy...and has 121k on it

Anyone have bad experience from Tills?
  14. GS Addict

GS Addict Pepperfool Supporter

Oddometer:
    Never heard of one. Stand up guy.
    Jshbrwr likes this.
  15. Yellow Dog

Oddometer:
    I haven’t either. My experience was great. The injectors make a really nice difference.
    Jshbrwr likes this.
  16. Jshbrwr

Jshbrwr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m gonna do it
    Yellow Dog likes this.
  17. PaulBarton

PaulBarton Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tills is great. I’ve bought 2 sets from him among some other stuff. Highly recommend him.
    Yellow Dog likes this.
  18. Vinz Klortho

Vinz Klortho Square Peg

Oddometer:
    I just stumbled on this thread, I dont know how I've missed it for this long. I'm really interested in this upgrade for my 1150 but the German site says they've suspended shipping orders outside the EU due to the COVID mess.

Am I missing something? Two new, matched 1200GS injectors with the required adapters are €120? That seems like a steal!
  19. NoiZboy

NoiZboy Dirt to Track and Back Again

Oddometer:
    I did this on my '04 1150 a couple of years ago, so you can see my posts earlier in this thread. Initially I just did the injector upgrade (from injector-rehab, who does not seem to have the right injectors on their website but still sells the adapters), and one thing to know - if you just replace the injectors, over the course of a couple of tanks of fuel the engine ECU will have adjusted and the gains you felt from enrichment initially will be gone. The matching and improved dispersion will help some with balance and a little with responsiveness, but the real "wow!" gain in low end torque & power will end up being trimmed away by the ECU. To get a permanent and significant performance boost, I added an AF-XIED, also discussed in this thread and in my posts. The combination of the new injectors and AF-XIED resulted in a substantial, permanent, and transformative improvement.

Here's my first post re. doing the install: https://advrider.com/f/threads/1200...d-1150gs-vrooom.1181054/page-24#post-31860981

Here's a post I made after riding for a little while with just the injector upgrade: https://advrider.com/f/threads/1200...d-1150gs-vrooom.1181054/page-27#post-32197385

Here's my post after having installed the AF-XIED: https://advrider.com/f/threads/1200...d-1150gs-vrooom.1181054/page-35#post-33710509

Obviously all just my opinion, and there is a fair amount of debate on best approach in the longer thread, but since you're on the same bike I thought it might be helpful.
    Jshbrwr and GotFog like this.
  20. Vinz Klortho

Vinz Klortho Square Peg

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I installed the AFXIED soon after buying my bike.

I dont know if I should wait until the COVID shipping banner is removed from the German site before ordering but I'm definitely going to order a set. Every year I bank most of my tax refund but always pick a little something to splurge on, this looks like just the ticket.
    NoiZboy likes this.