1200GS Injectors in the 1100GS and 1150GS... Vrooom!

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by RFK, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Yellow Dog

Yellow Dog Wanderer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Katdash has a batch of Harmonizers for sale right now. $165 plus $12 for shipping
    NoiZboy likes this.
  2. Mikeyfromgr

Mikeyfromgr Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm.finally instaiing the new injectors today from injector rehab. Also changing plugs an wires. Question: I have:
    Auto lite 3923 copper
    Auto lite 3923 platinum
    Bosch 7524 (fr6dc+)
    All brand new. Which plugs would most likely work best and what gap should I set?

Edit: 95 r1100gs
  3. GroceryRun

GroceryRun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If the 95 R1100GS is single spark, I'd definitely go with the double platinum.
    I would also gap them before installation ( your choice on the gap ).
    Mikeyfromgr likes this.
  4. Mikeyfromgr

Mikeyfromgr Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got as far as replacing the valve cover seals, valve cover bolts/grommets, replace the prongs on the oil fill knob, check valve clearances (spot. On. No adjustment needed. I got this machine 1k miles ago so that's a good sign ) new wires, new plugs, and then a gal I'm dating called so I've switched gears to BBQing and shes on her way over. Priorities... Women are finicky, motorcycles are forever. I'll swap the injectors, tool around, and balance tomorrow.
    IHMSAKIWI and mouthfulloflake like this.
  5. NoiZboy

NoiZboy Dirt to Track and Back Again

Oddometer:
    Just received mine - It's very well made. Can't wait to give it a try and have both balance and max pressure to optimize performance.
    Yellow Dog likes this.
  6. AltaPowder

AltaPowder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I installed a set of the 1200 Flow Matched Injectors from Injector Rehab (USA) with machined adapters for the fitment. Installation was 1 cup of coffee and 20 MINS. Improvement is tangible and valid. It is all about atomization of the fuel and a more even ‘burn’. The best $180 I have spent on a power Mod. Lennie’s Sprockets took 6 weeks (with Covid) to arrive. They go in soon. 2001 1150GS was the Test bike. I plan to modify all 3 of my bikes with these 1200 Injectors, Lennies Rocket Sprockets and The Power Booster. I live at 4500 feet and ride as high as 10,000. 2002/R1100S, 2001/R1150GS, 2007/R1200GSA. Thanks, David
    Rex Solgar likes this.