1200GS: New handlebar risers

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by GB, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Ritchard

Ritchard ZoomZoom

Oddometer:
  2. kktos

kktos on a bright side of life

Oddometer:
    From your inputs, guys, the Rox model seems to be the best choice.
    I've checked their website and saw a new model, anti vibration.
    <<2 1/4" Rise x 1 1/8" Stem Clamp x 1 1/8" Dual Sport Motorcycle Anti-Vibration Handlebar Risers>>
    here

Did someone try it already ? Is it worth to take it instead of the standard (and cheaper) one ?

thx,
    /thierry
  3. r'elise me

r'elise me Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Reviving this just so people know that the Roxspeed antivibe riser doesn't work on the R1200GSA unless you add a riser block below this first which raises your bars by the Rox + the height of your riser block. Too high for me!
  4. objectuser

objectuser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update. Looking at my bike (2009GS) I appear to have a lot of room below the pivoting risers I have, so I'm surprised the anti-vibe don't fit. I see they stick down quite a bit, though.

Fortunately, the GS is a really smooth motor, so the pivoting risers work well. :thumb
  5. r'elise me

r'elise me Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the clarification. I tried to fit the anti-vibe rox on the 06 GSA. Just make sure you have the clearance below the bar for the rox's nut on the bottom as you stated. I don't think of the BMW motor as smooth like I think of japanese engines. The BMW has a lot of vibration at the grips compared to a lot of other touring bikes - something I genuinely dislike about the flat twin.
  6. objectuser

objectuser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've never had a 4-cyl Japanese bike, but the parallel twin in my Versys sure vibrated more than the boxer engine. :)

I do agree it's not perfectly smooth though. At idle, the bike shakes. Then above ... what is it, 5k RPM (?), it vibes more. So I get what you're saying.

I believe ROX told Versys people that the anti-vibe riser would really not improve anything for them, that it was really made to improve things on a single. I don't know if that's true for the boxer motor though. I think it has lower frequency vibes than the parallel twin.