1250GSA two up ride height vs 1200

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by RPDATA, Oct 21, 2019.

1. RPDATA

RPDATA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed the 1250 ride height seems to be lower than a 1200 when loaded? My 2017 GSA two up with luggage and soft suspension and two helmet preload, vs my 1250GSA with same overall load with auto(or max) preload with road damping, the 1200 seemed to be taller . The 1250 is easier to flat foot. Same custom made seat as well(took it from the 1200 in fact). Not sure what this means just found it interesting.
  2. krussell

krussell Gravel Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lots of variables. It seems like MAX should = two helmets. But there's different software and a different shock vendor, and probably a lot of other little stuff.
    RPDATA likes this.
  3. swiss-happy

swiss-happy Happy Joe

Oddometer:
    Are they both Adventure?

They should be same.
    Maybe 2017 is too old?
  4. Pir

Pir Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Noticed that on my 1250, usually, when solo on auto setting I can´t flatfoot by 2 or 3 cm (I´m 1.8m), but two up and lugage I flatfoot easly, but can´t really remember if that happened on the 1200
  5. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Given that the Auto function is finding a % of travel within the shock stroke and the previous version found a # within the travel range- it should vary a bit.

The Auto function should hold you within the shock operating range much better- if working correctly...